Tortoise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  13:00:22  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm researching tortoises.
Do any of you keep tortoises? If you do what kind are they? Would you recommend them as a good pet? Describe their characters and quirky little ways, please. Do you have any photos? The good and bad points of owning one? Please can you share as much information as possible on them. The sort of information not found on websites. You know, the sort you only find out from keeping them!
Thanks.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  20:25:19  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have a tortoise :D i have a spur thighed tortoise, they are a amazing pet to have, we found ours just plooding down the road :O we put a add in the paper no one wanted it so we kept it :D probally the funniest pet we have aswell, headbutts shoes chases the dog and chases me XD such a cool pet, leave him in the garden all year so basically a free range tortoise :P

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  20:28:29  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What about in the winter, don't you have to hibernate him? How long have you had him?

Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  21:11:20  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we had him for about 5 years now, goes in a box in the garage, just make sure they eat alot before hibdernation like bob has just ate 2 wwhole lettices today a apple and a few pieces of cumber and dandelions, they will need alot of food

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  21:27:09  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks. He sounds like a jolly good pet, fun to have around.

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  21:56:17  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh yes, here is a vid of him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7xM2-ZzFBc

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  22:32:18  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bless him!!!!

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  19:30:52  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hahaha much love for our little guy, as we speak he is headbutting a binliner....he really needs a female as he in the mood for love as they say hahah not bad for a 70 year old :O

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  16:07:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive got an Eastern Hermans called Bettie
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  16:36:53  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think tortoises are sooo cute. My sister has got one and it has made me tempted to get one but I need a much bigger house first lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  17:43:49  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You do a fair amount of space for the tortoise table and enough garden to do an outdoor enclosure. But they are lovely. Really pleased with our little Ebenezer.

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000