Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  16:54:24  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
Ive met quite a few of you on here already.
Id just like to say hi and thanks to those who have already coached me along with my new addition to the household. I got a Corn a week ago that hatched in feb this year (i still dont know its actual morph). since i picked up the little fella, i have been handling him as no one said not to....until i came to this forum!!! hope i aint spoiled our future relationship!

This place seems to have all the answers and its the 1st forum i have ever joined!

I also own cavalier King Charles spaniels called Leah and Molly, and i also own a Wife called Leanne. All 3 dogs are very well trained ...lol

look out for all my stupid and silly questions over the next 12 months!!!

Steve

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  16:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, looking at your sig its a normal.

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  16:58:35  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cool pal!! i have been told before, but i have also been told its a carolina! whats the diffrence ?

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

123 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  17:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome! Had a look at yer myspace thingy as well. Nice tunes :)

0.1.0 fire corn (Ruby)
0.0.6 lemon tetras (O'Neill, Jackson, Hammond, Teal'c, Quinn, Hank)
0.0.4 siamese algae Eaters (Pogo, Jimmy, Leo, Fatty Ding Dong)
0.0.2 stone catfish (Mark, Jez)
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  17:19:05  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ladyevil

Welcome! Had a look at yer myspace thingy as well. Nice tunes :)

cool ms evil! we are going back in the studio soon so stay tuned for more stuff....(you can also download "hooker" on i-tunes)
thanks for looking!

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  17:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome aboard steve! :D

quote:
Originally posted by sullysteve

i have also been told its a carolina! whats the diffrence ?

there is no difference, they can be called wild types', carolinas' or normals' but they are all the same type

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix

Edited by - n/a on 07/06/2010 17:57:23
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:01:33  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice one Chrissy!!!!

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:01:40  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure all will be ok with your snake despite previous handling! There must be lots of snakes out there that have not gone through a 7 day 'hands-off' period. I do hope you have been told to keep to the 48 hour rule after feeding. That is important because you really don't want your snake throwing his food back.
Normal and Carolina are both the same (I think) it's just two different names for the morph that originate from Carolina U.S.A.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:11:44  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice one Herriot!!

...this place is so organised!

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice one Chrissy!!!!

i too, like ladyevil, have had a gander at your myspace and am heading over to itunes as i type!

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:13:52  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

quote:

Nice one Chrissy!!!!

i too, like ladyevil, have had a gander at your myspace and am heading over to itunes as i type!

How nice are you guys!!! thanks for the feedback...do you like hooker? ....look what you done -im askin for feedback now!

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, i love hooker, so catchy. gonna go and buy an itunes card asap, just to buy that song!

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:34:44  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

Steve, i love hooker, so catchy. gonna go and buy an itunes card asap, just to buy that song!

Nice one Chrissy! sounds like your a fan!

if you live local to Manchester,,,,were playing there soon! get a few down!
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  19:31:13  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
o hi der!

I would go on myspace to check your tunes but I seem to attactc utter freaks and weridos on myspace :/ is it on youtube or anything else?

Normals are the best corns ;) I have 2 normals, yours may end up looking like the second snakey in my sig :3 but they do vary a lot.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 07/06/2010 19:32:37
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  19:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi mate!

I crumbled into holding my snakes just after 2 hours of having them, didn't do mine any harm..
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  19:45:02  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

o hi der!

I would go on myspace to check your tunes but I seem to attactc utter freaks and weridos on myspace :/ is it on youtube or anything else?

Normals are the best corns ;) I have 2 normals, yours may end up looking like the second snakey in my sig :3 but they do vary a lot.

if you just click my link, u can listen without signing in........are u calling me a freak and a wierdo?

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  21:13:16  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

o hi der!

if you just click my link, u can listen without signing in........are u calling me a freak and a wierdo?

No. Your only a freak and werido if your start sending me weird messages, finding me in rl, stalking me and start playing with your fly XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 07/06/2010 22:04:30
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  21:16:02  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha, that's actually funny! Is this a corn snake forum or is it somewhere for me to promote my band! Lol.....have u had a listen? Were on I tunes too!

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  03:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve, it is really good to welcome you officially although I know you have been on here a bit already! You have already found what a great forum this is, with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. As you have also seen, you also get lots of fun and friendship . This was the first forum I ever joined and they havent been able to get rid of me since ! Once you have joined here you will never want to leave....

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

We do always suggest you follow the one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)....with no handling or feeding for the first week to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. But, unsurprisingly, you are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops , so I am not surprised you didnt know about it. I think I am right in saying that you only got him last week....in which case it may be worthwhile starting the hands-off week from now. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so it can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You mustnt worry about your corn not feeding for that week, corns are a lot hardier than we realise and going for a week without food will not do them any harm, no matter how small they are. It is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. It is a hard week, very frustrating (and even more so for you as you now know what you will be missing out on having already handled him), but worth it for the snake's sake.

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! You have probably found the first place to look - in the top right hand corner of the screen, where there is the search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you have thought of doing this, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Well done for complying with the unwritten forum rule without even knowing about it - pics as soon as possible! I understand why your corn's morph is called a normal, but I wish it wasnt....they are so beautiful and so far from normal! Does it have a name yet? And we also get a pic of you as well !! I will head off to myspace soon to have a listen to your stuff....you certainly are converting the forum !

Well done for mentioning the dogs (and I mean the four-legged kind )....you will find many of us are dog lovers as well as snake lovers. As for the wife comment.... !!!

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 08/06/2010 05:38:01
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  08:20:48  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ONCE AGAIN......another friendly comment......i love this place, i think i have found a new community that fits my life lol

Love you guys!

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000