Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  20:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv lost ma snake. hes escaped. he managed to get owt his cage from a tiny gap. help

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  20:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was feeding day and was about to have dinner and dad sed to me y don't u go and feed monty before dinner. i sed no ill do it after dinner. i went up after dinner and he was gone. we have been looking everywere for 40 mins now and no sign. i have put his food on plates on the floor, next to a heat mat and hide. i have brained the food to give off a smell. help. i am really upset and want my snake back. have made a bottle trap and put it next to food. i have put flour next to doors to see where he is. the dog is owt the way and will be not allowed upstairs. plz help me as i really need it know. help. * starts to cry* help. wat else can i do?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  20:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im sorry Snakey has gone into hiding the only thread I could find for lost snakes was this:

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6966

xx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  20:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend lost his snake a few times and found it in the chest of drawers under his viv. Your snake will probably try and find a dark warm place and just sit there. So try and check all of those likley places. Let us know if you have any luck, hope you find him soon.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  21:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ta guys. im just so worried and so scared i wil never get my bestist baby bak.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  21:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll find him- Have you read through the link I popped up? Read through Kellogs post- I think Id do wheat she suggested if I was in the same situation :)
xx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  21:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv done verything. bottle traps. food. water. flour. looked. everywhere. don't know wat else to do

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  22:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
give them time mate, he'll turn up soon.

look high and low in the unsespecting warm dark places first!

good luck!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  22:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was the door shut on the room that the snake and viv were in?

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  22:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't know. i can't remember. sounds stupid but i have racked my brain and just can't remember

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  22:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you put down water??

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  00:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this sounds silly but are you sure he has escaped. Have you checked through the substrate, hide, under any logs in his viv? It is amazing how many of us have had scares about our snakes escaping. One member stripped the viv but still couldnt find his snake, then went through what he had taken out and found the snake curled up in a tiny hole in the bottom of some wood that had been in the viv.

It is very important that you have water down. A corn can go for a long time without food but needs water to survive. Thanks Skorps for putting up that link.

The main thing reptiledanny is not to panic. You need to be methodical, check everywhere, high and low, even places you think it it would be impossible for monty to get to. One forum member found her snake inside a box file of paperwork. Obviously check where there is any heat, behind tv, computer, think of water pipes, boiler, fridge etc.

I know you are worried about Monty, but corns are very hardy and have turned up either days or months after being lost. You must stay hopeful.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  08:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have water down in my room. the only prob is is that i have a dog. scared that the dog might find him first. if i leave water down the dog might get to it. i will leave some down im just scared that i won't find him. i have emptied his cage to check. no sign.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  17:52:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keep all the doors shut..if you put water down in the room where he has escaped but keep the door shut then the pooch cant get at it
dont rush around in a panic.. lucifer found our escapee in a towel his grandad was about to use after a shower look anywhere that is warm and dark.. plug sockets, in pockets, curtain rails, look high aswell as low as they can climb!!

fingers crossed for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  18:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have looked everywhere today. the only places i havent looked is downstairs. didn't think he would be down there since he was in my room and we would have noticed him downstairs.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  19:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Danny....how big is he?... have you thought about checking all of the potentially warm places small snakes can get into - including any electrical gadgets that have standby switches on - that would keep them warm?? Wrapped around any plug that stays warm -the sort that have voltage changers built into them... have you considered if it can get into your computer tower etc?? - someone on the forums once found one of their hatchlings curled up in there, by the fan mechanism.... sounds stupid, but do you have an old fashioned video still... I once had a hamster get into the flap of one of those? Stupid seeming places are often very good hiding spots, and some snakes will live quite happily in these for months... just keep putting water and stuff down, there is a very high likelyhood you will find him.... Kaz even put Jalli in the washing machine when she escaped once!!

Good luck hon... J

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  19:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont be so sure..
im sure one member on here caught their snake in the act of coming down the stairs trying to escape..
look inside pockets, in folders, behind books, in shoes anywhere that he can squash himself up in

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  19:40:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jennet

Hi Danny....how big is he?... have you thought about checking all of the potentially warm places small snakes can get into - including any electrical gadgets that have standby switches on - that would keep them warm?? Wrapped around any plug that stays warm -the sort that have voltage changers built into them... have you considered if it can get into your computer tower etc?? - someone on the forums once found one of their hatchlings curled up in there, by the fan mechanism.... sounds stupid, but do you have an old fashioned video still... I once had a hamster get into the flap of one of those? Stupid seeming places are often very good hiding spots, and some snakes will live quite happily in these for months... just keep putting water and stuff down, there is a very high likelyhood you will find him.... Kaz even put Jalli in the washing machine when she escaped once!!

Good luck hon... J

They do get EVERYWHERE!
We've known them to be found inside speakers as well, and this thread deserves another outing of my Sid, when she escaped:

See, they do get everywhere. Use small torch to look in small gaps/holes. put crisp packs/bits of tinfoil around the egdes of your room as well, if snakie goes over them, then should hopefully crinkle enough for you to hear.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  19:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good plan with the foil and crisp packet.

Lol. 'Wheres the virus?!'

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  20:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA!
Great pic!

reptiledanny- have a look down the back of the radiators
xx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  19:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have looked down the back of radiators and he is 30 inches long. my dad had a look in all the bedrooms today and no luk. i will start looking downstairs now.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000