My Floating 2 stack Vivexotic LX36
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  12:31:08  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys and guyesses...

I thought i would post a couple of pics on my new set up. I have used 2 x vivexotic LX36 vivs (the smallest depth and height that vivexotic doo).

Having already owning 1 viv, i ordered the exact same from surrey pet supplies at a cost of around 40 quid.

i went to bnq and purchased 2 of these...

I drilled holes in the wall and fully secured the brackets.
Then basically placed the 2 vivs on top of one another to form a stack.

I have a corn in the bottom and a King on top.
The 2 vivs have the exact same mat so i placed a Habistat mat stat 100w probe in the bottom viv directly on the mat. The temps in both vivs are no more than 0.5C adrift. Each mat is 12W so the stat is plenty good enough.
And to add the icing on the cake is a little Hognose in its own little faun!!

Sul

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  12:55:40  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, that looks great, and a hoggie on top, well life couldnt be better could it? xD Well done, you did a good job with that! :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  13:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that does look really nice. thinking im gunna have to rethink my set up soon :( lots of snakes in a tiny flat lol!
really like your setup, good job!

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  13:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks great.

When my Nimbus is big enough (and any other snakes I have by then!!!) he will be going into the 48inch vivexotics vivarium and I am going to stack a few of them up so it's nice to see they look good stacked.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  16:38:49  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They look nice :) *grumbles at your having the newer vents*

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  16:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice vivs and setup .. well done !!
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  17:58:25  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
does look good, i saw a viv today at local rep shop with the new vents in does look good, but um how strong are them brackets ment to be lol

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  18:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks really nice and that wall paper is lovely and if I'm honest I have been considering turning my viv's into floating vivs but I have a small question/concern that I have been looking into when I was considering doing the same. That is a heck of a lot of weight going into the wall through those brackets. Are the bolts or wall plugs strong enough or drilled deep enough into the wall considering a certain amount of wall is plaster and is not structurally sound and have you fixed the two vivs together in any way and then fixed it to the wall at the top to stop any toppling over incidents.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  20:55:09  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

They look nice :) *grumbles at your having the newer vents*

lol!
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  21:06:29  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

It looks really nice and that wall paper is lovely and if I'm honest I have been considering turning my viv's into floating vivs but I have a small question/concern that I have been looking into when I was considering doing the same. That is a heck of a lot of weight going into the wall through those brackets. Are the bolts or wall plugs strong enough or drilled deep enough into the wall considering a certain amount of wall is plaster and is not structurally sound and have you fixed the two vivs together in any way and then fixed it to the wall at the top to stop any toppling over incidents.

I thought exactly the same, thats why i used such big brackets. The brackets actually run the full depth of the tank. The screws i used are approx 4 inches and the wall is only half inch thick of plasterboard then its straight into brick. As long as the viv is positioned right up to the wall it should be fine, but i may invest in some very small 90 deg brackets that will pin them to the wall. The vivs are separate and the bottom viv is not screwed to the bracket itself which makes it great for if i want to move one.

ta
Sul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000