United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  18:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First to the water bowl!

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  18:58:00  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
aawww bless his little cottons........well done dizzy he sure looks a lot happier than from your discription of what he was in

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  19:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, he's gonna be a happy snakey now.
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  19:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww he is beautiful. What a lucky snake he is now :)

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  19:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should of taken a pic shouldnt I! mind I could take one of it empty all bleached down it will give you an idea!!
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  19:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

That was under all the layers of not very nice newspaper!
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  19:37:12  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
omg dizzy, something tells me your his gardian angel (sod the spelling)

he is gonna be so happy now, and so is ya other half for rescuing him from that hell

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  19:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My god it looks like a manky rabbit hutch. Poor Gollum.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  19:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's hoping he apprechiates it ay and never bites cos he looks big!! Praying A LOT now that he isnt a regurger but dno wether to wait 2 weeks or not to feed him and buy some repti boost to tide him over just incase. So glad I brought him home 7days settling in cant come quick enough.
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  20:22:18  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
again dizzy, well done you, think your doin all the right things, and if i were you id do the same by getting some repti boost!
your a star

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  20:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think most of tha thanks has to go to the people on here because everything I know is from here and I am sure I will have many questions along the way. Just wondering does he look like he needs boosting up... he looks relatively healthy but at some angles you can see a small tent like figure or is that just me? I'm a born worrier!!!
His records suggest he has been fed every 6days on large mice but then they look as if they were written down all at the same time so I dont know how accurate they will be. I feel awful hate to think bad of people but the other half is steaming!! he didnt see the viv as it came only as it is now ( I think Gollum will become the fellas ya no lol he realky seems to care about the conditions n offered take me shoppin for everything I need for him tomorrow lol!!)
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  21:53:04  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
see we told ya dizzy, he is a secret snake addict lol
bet ya fella is glad too you persuided him to have gollum

again mate, bloody good on ya

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  22:03:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he may well take to Gollum aftr all he named him and I asked if he was glad he agreed n he said "after seeing the viv ...YES" sooo I bet you will find Gollum in a few weeks from now round his neck watching the footie!! Like their old friends pmsl!!
I haven't done anything good yet no credit to me I didnt choose to take on the situation I choose to have him not realising the situation but anyone would do the same. I can try my best by him and I think he may become our facourite you know... knowing his history makes him all the more a little bit more special :).
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  22:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha I just re read my last post to the OH n he said "it doesn't count Gollum was in need it doesnt matter he a snake they friends on a different level" so yes... as soon as Gollum is out I bet they will become firm friends ;).. I had friends here when Gollum arrived that helped me set up the viv n move the other 2 n she wanted one n her hubby always said no... after seeing me move Gollum he was like "oh the not so bad are they" ... hehe!! The bug spreads!
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  11:40:36  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
come dizzie, hows gollum???

hows he settling in?

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  16:36:43  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is that straw in his old viv? O.o;

Very nice new home :) very spoilt

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  23:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes he came in on straw. The pic I got of him before I got him I dont think is the same snake. The pic I got was of a striped snow on aspen bedding in a black viv.. he came pretty patternless though you can see some stripe, on dirty straw in a chipboard sort of cube with one solid piece of glass as the back and the sliding doors at the front.
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  00:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

come dizzie, hows gollum???

hows he settling in?

He seems to be doing ok. Have left him alone will get him out on Wednesday it will then of been 7days to just bath him because he doesnt smell too good! Have noticed he has been in the water at some point too left a really grimy water mark round the sides.
Will have to reclean him out as well no point putting a clean snake into week old bedding is there :). If the smell isnt cured by the bath will take him down to the vets have him checked over but in himself he seems to casually explore every now and then. VEry inquisitive when I go in to change his water and check the aspen he will come up to me and just sort of watch me not try to escape or anything he just comes up close and watches me.

Im glad I got him not at the expense of having to rehome another but on his case we do think faced with the same decision again we would of done the same.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  00:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHAT AN AMAZING CHANGE

FROM THIS

TO THIS

You can see the difference already, you should be very proud of yourself for turning this little (or not so little) snake's life around in an instant.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  08:26:56  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well done dizzy, he sure lookin great
and im sure he will enjoy a nice bath

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  11:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

WHAT AN AMAZING CHANGE

FROM THIS

TO THIS

You can see the difference already, you should be very proud of yourself for turning this little (or not so little) snake's life around in an instant.

That I dont believe is the same snake,,, furthermore they were not the conditions he came in he came in a dirty home made viv I dont believe its the same snake. That pic represents a well looked after snake... what I got was certinaly not that! Me and the OH have looked and looked and we are almost positive it isnt the same snake... Gollum came in on a straw bedding with egg case as his hide which was the only dry clean looking thing in there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000