Connie update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  11:19:10  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
8 days on and Connie is still laying eggs. After bathing her on Sunday morning she had been very quiet. It seems she had taken herself into her cold hide despite having at least 3 eggs still inside her. I checked on her last night to find no more eggs so I was expecting another trip to the vets today. While I was checking on her I decided to give her one last chance and filled her viv with different layboxes. One I topped up with more vermiculite, one had perlite, one had moss and one had kitchen roll. Only just had room to put her a water bowl in there lol. In fact as I held her in one hand and held the water bowl in the other, she got her head down for a really long drink. I was wishing I had put some reptoboost in it for her. I put her in and covered the viv with a sheet so it was nice and dark and private for her. I peaked in this morning before phoning the vets and I CAN SEE AN EGG. It is right at the side of the moss laybox. I don't know if she has layed any more as I am not going to disturb her but it looks like the vets trip is on hold. At least I know she isn't eggbound even if they are only coming out in dribs and drabs.
How long should I leave her before I go in and see if she has finished laying? I wasn't planning to until tomorrow night so she will have had 48 hours undisturbed. What do you think?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  21:19:58  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd check her briefly every 12 hours as she's obviously having trouble laying these
i nearly texted you this morning to see how she was doing but didn't in case you were at work, been thinking of you both hun

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  23:28:22  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ali. It was just the one egg. She wasn't impressed at being disturbed but she has gone blue which may be another reason why she has been less active lately. Would this be her post-lay shed even though there could be another couple of eggs in her? Should I get her back to the vets or give her a bit longer

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  22:46:01  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Another egg tonight. I took her out and allowed her to slither back into her viv over my hand and I think I can only feel one more egg. It does seem quite a way up but hopefully will make it's way down. I didn't want to mess her about too much because of her being in blue. There is one good thing and that is that this shed should be alot less messy than the last what with 4 damp hides in there lol.

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  21:03:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that's good hun sorry i missed replying to this earlier

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  10:09:21  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the last one has been laid. I got her out to bath her last night and couldn't feel an egg so I had a rummage in her viv and found it at the back just hiding under some aspen. I hadn't noticed it as it was quite small and yellow. At least now I can leave her to get on with shedding. I'm going to pop a small feed in with her later to see if she fancies it. If not I will wait til she has shed and had a quick check up at the vets.
I can breathe a sigh of relief at last

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  10:25:58  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OMG that's GREAT news hun!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000