hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  15:21:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
purchased 2 corn snakes this morning very excited as i have always wanted a snake!!! any information so grateful as its my first time !!!

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  15:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

first of all you should read this
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm
its got all the need to know stuff on it but if you have any extra q's feel free to ask - we dont bite

make sure you leave both of them alone for a week..no handling no feeding nothing.. just remove any soiled substrate and change the water daily.. they can go for months without feeding so dont worry about missing a feed..

are you cohabiting? if so you might want to read this
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

look forwards to the pics

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  16:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  16:47:31  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome to the forum.

I have one more thread that is recommended reading: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

Have a looky at that one as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  16:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya and welcome to the forum Shelly84

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  17:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey :)
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  19:16:38  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  21:49:21  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  07:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Shelly! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure what you already know about snakes, so apologies for if I am telling you stuff you already know, but better told twice than not at all.

As HannahB mentioned, and I am hoping you were told when you got your snakes.....the one-week rule - no handling or feeding for the first week after getting them. This gives them time to get over the stress of the move and get used to their new environment. All you should do is change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means the snakes have a chance to get used to your smell.

HannahB has mentioned the care sheet which is vital, lots of information for new snake owners. And Kehhlyr has already guided you to 'Your 1st Snake'. Try and read both these topics as they really are a great place to start in learning how to look after your new snakes.

I will also mention the co-habiting question Please check out the link HannahB gives if you are.

No question asked on this forum is a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Use the search option in top right corner to get information and if you cant find the answer there then ask!! Unfortunately you get given a lot of 'questionable' advise in pet shops, so please check on here anything you have been told, just to make sure that what they have said is right.

I hope when you got your snakes you got as much info as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos !

Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - Keeping corns is very addictive (and you have already started off with 2!!)....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while those who are not so lucky try to contain their jealousy!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  18:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, Welcome and congratulations
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic