Page: of 10

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  17:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where are the chocolate digestives?!

FOR SHAME!!!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Moriarty
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  17:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Where are the chocolate digestives?!

FOR SHAME!!!

The chocolate digestives are in the almost-empty pack! They are a necessary item when reading forums...

Got some ginger nut Hob Nobs but no orignal or chocolate ones...

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  17:53:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moriarty

Oh dear, not another debate! This is my first corn, so I thought testing it first would have been ok, but when I clean the viv out in the next few days I will remove the tape. Will pinning it down with a hide be enough to keep it down, as I don't want snakey getting underneath the mat!

Mine never have attempted to go under the mat with a heavy hide ontop of it.

There's opinions and then there is just plain wrong lol.

Chocolate chip digestives with chocolate toppings are the best.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  17:58:59  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danny

dancrosso.. Have any of you corns come from cold blooded at all?

Danny

Yep. I got Plissken from Coldblooded, and several of the Leopard geckos I used to keep beforehand. In fact, I swapped Plissken for 3 of my Leos.

I've been buying and swapping from there for about 6 years now, and always pop in for a chat with Paul. He also unlocks the racks and leaves me to browse while he gets on with other things around the shop!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  18:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first got Holly and he came with all his bits (minus the thermo, which was swiftly ordered) I didn't bother taking the heatmat out at first. When I did take it out (it was busted anyway, ordered a new one with the thermo) I spotted that they'd used very low tack cardmaking doublesided tape (I know the type, use it with paper myself). Even that low tack stuff had managed to grab on when he got under and rip some scales off!
Needless to say, a heavy hide is how it's kept down with me.
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  18:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

chocolate hob nobs preffibly :)

Will trade some jaffa cakes?

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

scott1102
Egg

65 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  22:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moving on from jaffa cakes........lol

I'v learnt tones just from this one topic ha :) I was always under the impression when you got a "proper" viv they didnt use heat mats and the bulb was supposed to take the role of heating.

But from what i can gather you need both?
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  23:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

and i noo the thigs i said was a wee bit harsh but ever since i joined ive had notheing but hassle. As in if i do it you have to do it act for instance my first post was a snake for sale instantley get a cheeky reply saying picture will help and a cheesy grin, followed by price would help. i no thats not rude or anything but clearly neather are interested in the sale, its just as if you have to reply to everything to gain merit points even though half the time there is no need to.If someone was really interested thay are going to ask theese things then if they go further you know they are not time wasteing.

If you actually bothered reading the thread on advertising snakes for sale you would see whats required information photos and price are just 2 thats listed there.

quote:

I can say this as im a recent new member. help does go along way if it can be given but being pushy and compareing will get you no where and make other membors feel very uncomfortable at times and not very welcomed at all but georgina if you walked of some where im pretty sure no one would follow would they?

Opinions are acceptable but you just get argumemtative and you are right right right you have no willingness to listen to others opinions.

then you go and have a go at another member / s in this thread that is something I wont put up with nor any of the other forum team members.

I would suggest being less argumentative and respect others opinions.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  08:34:45  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scott1102

Moving on from jaffa cakes........lol

I'v learnt tones just from this one topic ha :) I was always under the impression when you got a "proper" viv they didnt use heat mats and the bulb was supposed to take the role of heating.

But from what i can gather you need both?

For a bigger bodied snake like royals yes, but corns are fine on mats as they ain't so fat.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  11:53:42  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I only got to page 5 before I gave up reading the repetitive childish comments (not from all members). Bit of a shame I always miss the drama llama though!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  12:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kept the forum interesting :)

Danny

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  12:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moriarty

Oh dear, not another debate! This is my first corn, so I thought testing it first would have been ok, but when I clean the viv out in the next few days I will remove the tape. Will pinning it down with a hide be enough to keep it down, as I don't want snakey getting underneath the mat!

If you are really worried about your snake getting under the mat,you can always use aquarium sealant or a hot glue gun to fix the mat to the viv. I did it with mine as I'm a worry wort lol.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  13:18:58  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

I only got to page 5 before I gave up reading the repetitive childish comments (not from all members). Bit of a shame I always miss the drama llama though!

To be fair Mamma, the rest of the pages are just pictures or talk about biscuits :P

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  16:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, i started the biscuits, but to be fair needed them and a cuppy to get through all that

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  21:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeez, and to think NO-ONE mentioned a hot chocolate.....

For those of us with a sweet tooth:

Edited by - smart bunny on 23/02/2012 21:31:09
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  21:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

sorry, i started the biscuits, but to be fair needed them and a cuppy to get through all that

that and a stress ball

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

scott1102
Egg

65 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  23:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok so let me get this right.. in a wooden/glass viv i would need only a heat mat for heat? so the bulb i see in vivs is a pure lighting bulb not a heat bulb?

im so confused lol the little plastic viv was easy, heat mat under one side, cold the other side. 2 hides, water bowel and thermometre :P

should i go aspen bedding for a big viv or the beach chip (or whatever it is) i would normally ask the reptile shop guy this stuff but after this thread id rather ask you fine people :)
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  23:39:36  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Scott for corns a heat mat is best and you dont really need a light but you can add one if you wish personally i use led striplights in the wooden vis theese pose the least risk to the snakes you dont need a basking lamp for a corn heatmats are perfectly adeqaute

wooden viv will be exactly the same setup as your plastic faun just that the heatmat goes inside on the floor as opposed to outside and underneath :-)

Aspen or beech chip is entirely personal preference having tried both mine seem to prefer aspen its better for burrowing

Best of luck to you

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  23:40:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup just a heat mat is fine.

i use aspen, buts its up to you.

as long as you have a stat and some door wedges you should be good x

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

scott1102
Egg

65 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  23:45:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just realised i spelt bowl, bowel lol :)

Ok that sounds good with the led's. my only concern now is how do you guys stop your corns from going too close to the heat mat. dont want to burn her :o
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000