gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  17:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danny

Is there not moderators around that often

There is yes, however it is the forum team that decide when threads are locked / deleted not anyone else.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  17:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

indeed in some of the stand up cabinets as theres a bigger area to control,

Is strange that they use stats for some and not for others, and the fact they have the unstatted rubs fauns whatever at the back out of sight and the stats for the ones out front.

Go to Top of Page

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  17:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Likewise 11 hours a day 5 in the morning and 5 from 6 onwards tuesday till saturday incase u was wondering. which u wouldnt be ovusley,

Coldblooded yes as a example and well done you gave another example of fine snakes without. so thanx

you never did answer, what would happen if your mat malfunctioned? same as a malfunctioned stat

And yes i quite often talk to myself ermmm no that would be the first sign of madness im afraid thankfully i have my fiancee, my dog,reptiles and home to keep me from that.

All the best
Danny

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  17:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you never did answer, what would happen if your mat malfunctioned? same as a malfunctioned stat

if my stat malfunction it would trip the rdc, therefore turning the mat off.

Coldblooded yes as a example and well done you gave another example of fine snakes without. so thanx

no they do not have stats, but as i said i wouldnt be keeping my snakes like that, nor would i without a stat. hence the point to the comment.

Likewise 11 hours a day 5 in the morning and 5 from 6 onwards tuesday till saturday incase u was wondering. which u wouldnt be ovusley,

its always nice to know that someone else works long shifts, i do 10 hours, 6 days a week until the summer when i do 12 hours, 5 days a week. the perks of being the boss aperntly.

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  17:56:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is yes, however it is the forum team that decide when threads are locked / deleted not anyone else. Thats good

Is strange that they use stats for some and not for others, and the fact they have the unstatted rubs fauns whatever at the back out of sight and the stats for the ones out front.

Indeed it is but georgina kindly pointed out another shop that does :) And out the back lol that is rather missleading i dont mean out the back i.e down staires behind a curtain rail deep deep in a basement somewhere lol... they are on view in the shop theres seperate parts to the shop its split up as such. as for the other one not a clue but it yas been said they eat and shed fine.

Anyway youd be pleased to know i need to go rather rappidly so lets up all is under the ground but im sure someone shall start it all of again

ALL the best
Danny

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i also said that the shop doesnt have mats in with the hatchies, therefore saying that they didnt have stats is pointless. their adults have mats and stats along with all the reps, the hatchies are in room temp. they sell all of their set ups with stats and will only let you not have a stat if you already have one.

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You say-

quote:

At no point have i been rude

Apolgies to anyone who ive offended from being one of the people that do something different and spoke up .

But I am thinking that the main problem people have with you isn't the fact you don't use a stat, its the fact you speak to other members in a patronising "holier than thou" manner. (See below)

quote:
where as there words and experts words shall be taken over your 2 pets im afraid :}

Danny

quote:
now im going to be sensible like the other sensible people not useing a stat and not reply any more and get to bed toodles

Danny

quote:

neither did the other user keeping 6 which is far more than you sweetie and for much longer
Danny

quote:

get that in to your head and give it a rest hence why they wont say anything is because you gabble on the best way is just to agree with you along with a little pat on the head.

good day ladies and gentleman and those who arent quite shaw

quote:

yes you must have a stat or all your snakes shall shrivel up and die.

Danny

If you can't have a discussion with others in a mature and well-reasoned manner then expect those others to get annoyed with you. Aside from your repeated "my snake is fine and I know shops that do it so it must be ok" line of thinking, you haven't actually provided any GOOD reason not to use a stat. You also say "if used correctly an unstatted mat will be fine", which you have quite clearly mistaken with "if used correctly an ustatted mat MIGHT be fine"

If you can provide a clear and concise argument for not using stats then fine, but until that day, don't expect others to bow down unquestioning to your opinions.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:28:03  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im just glad despite all this the original poster has actually weighed up all the information actually provided by experianced keepers breeders and members of the forum and decided to purchase a stat so thats all gravy as far as im concerned

As for Danny i really think you ought to read back through your posts and take a look at your responses and the way you have spoken to people maybe then you will understand why some of us have taken the tone we have with you everyone has tried to be helpfull constructive and polite but you have made it very difficult for anyone to actually open a line of dialogue with you and those that do are just replied to with immature babble and insults this is a forum people will have differing opinions thats obvious but to be consistantly rude and act in a trolling manner is just not on!!

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:29:26  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
all in all, yes statting is a matter of opinion, but surely its better to be safe than sorry?

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:30:51  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:

indeed in some of the stand up cabinets as theres a bigger area to control,

They're all statted. Or I will buy myself one of the 'Sensor' snakes they have in every rack.....

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:32:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

That is correct phill but once reached maximum tempature i.e mat being on 24/7 then this can be altered to get the correct tempatures.

Can we move on yet ?

I'm assuming you are referring to me when using the name 'phill'.
If so, then you either know me and my name in which case you are a bigger plank than I currently think, or you have looked at my profile to see what my real name is, which I have no issue of.
The thing that I have an issue of is that if you have read my profile to get my name, then you have no excuse for calling me it, in my profile is also a bit of writing that says to refer to me by my username, it has been like that for years.

So either you have ignored something you have read in a profile, thus making you a massive plank.
Or you know me and will therefore know not to call me 'Phill', thus making you a massive plank.

What one is it???

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

bmw318i
Snake Mite

1 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reckon he/she/it is a plank.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I cant believe this subject has even been questioned. Thermostats on heat sources (any heat sources) are a safety net that ensures the safety of your animal around that heat source. You may have heat mats that by coincidence (thats all it is) are running at a steady 28oC so is a good temperature for that snake. All good and well, one day that mat starts to heat up, maybe something has been placed on it, or the snake itself is blocking the heat escape, now what? The stat will prevent that mat getting too hot even if its sat for years not needing to do anything in that one moment its just saved you HUNDREDS of pounds in vets bills and more importantly prevented injury and suffering to your animal. So yes I'm sure there are people out there who have never had a problem but the problem is always possible without a stat. Think of the risk you are taking been like holding a sharp knife in front of your eye and hoping you dont sneeze.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 21/02/2012 18:54:49
Go to Top of Page

madmartyn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
139 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmmmmmmmmm well me and my reptiles (all on stats) have read all 6 long pages of this ermm debate (if you take out all the pointless bitchy posts maybe 3 page debate ha ha) this reminds me of a 20 page debate on a differnt forum about what is the best substrate to use for bearded dragons pheww that took some reading, anyway i just wanted to say this shop thats been going 30 years with no stats are they actually using mats at all or is the whole snakey area of shop on a set heat controlled by a thermostat as i have seen videos of breeders that have set up with the room heated not the individual snakes rubs,

0.1.0 Okeetee/caramel thumper
0.1.0 bearded dragon izzie
0.1.0 bci lola
0.0.1 hypno toad (albino horned toad)
0.1.0 king dr lecter
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:53:51  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just seriously do not know how you get a constant tempature that is in range of keeping corns, I just don't understand it that's all since I've used heating devices without any stat before for many years and always had problems with temps, it would always be too cold or too hot at multiple points throughout the day. I am just wondering how you and others may do it because without being in all day, I couldn't do it!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin - comment removed,

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bmw318i

I reckon he/she/it is a plank.

any more of this and we will ban your IP from our server.

Go to Top of Page

madmartyn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
139 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  19:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

0.1.0 Okeetee/caramel thumper
0.1.0 bearded dragon izzie
0.1.0 bci lola
0.0.1 hypno toad (albino horned toad)
0.1.0 king dr lecter
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  19:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

Im just glad despite all this the original poster has actually weighed up all the information actually provided by experianced keepers breeders and members of the forum and decided to purchase a stat so thats all gravy as far as im concerned

As for Danny i really think you ought to read back through your posts and take a look at your responses and the way you have spoken to people maybe then you will understand why some of us have taken the tone we have with you everyone has tried to be helpfull constructive and polite but you have made it very difficult for anyone to actually open a line of dialogue with you and those that do are just replied to with immature babble and insults this is a forum people will have differing opinions thats obvious but to be consistantly rude and act in a trolling manner is just not on!!

Most people with any sense will agree entirely.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1235 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  19:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I normally stay away from responding to posts like this, but I had a hatchling as a christmas present, it came with every thing apart from a stat and thermometers, I had already got two spare digital exo terra thermometers so as soon as I got the set up home I added the thermometers, much to my horror the temp went upto 38 centigrade and still rising very quickly.
I very quickly attached the mat to my existing stat until a new stat was purchased, I was shocked at the temp as my existing mat doesn't get to that temp when the stat is NOT attached.
It explained why my hatchling had a regurge prior to being given to me, too hot on the hot side and too cool in the cool part for digestion.
I am a firm believer in the use of stats.

0.0.2 Corn snakes - Morse & Zeus
1.1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa's - Indigo & Ruby
0.0.2 Columbian Rainbow Boa's - Orinoco & Tobago
1.0.0 House snake - Hoggle
0.1.0 Crested Gecko - Ludo
2.0.0 cats (RIP Zebee), 0.1.0 Dog, 2.0.0 Horses
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: