New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  20:31:26  Show Profile
hello
I am new to the forum am looking for advice about my new corn snake purchased today after months of umming and arghing snake or bearded dragon finally saw the little cutie which won me over has a record of feeding and its first shed and is now on fuzzies fed every week for the last four weeks and according to the records is due a feed today but lady at pet shop said to wait till next week for first feed and till end of next week before handling him but he seems quite settled and wasnt worried when i handled him to put him in his new home or if it is standard practice sorry for the long post thankyou for any ideas

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  20:33:55  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
hi and welcome, leave him settle in a few days then try a feed, some snakes take food straight away but some might reguritate if they are slightly stressed

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  20:43:41  Show Profile
hi thanks for reply what about the handling would like him to get used to it but dont want to stress him but does seem settled been for a wander around vivarium found the hidey hole keeps peeking out
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  20:47:55  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
they say to leave them a few days, but if hes ok,then just do it little sessions at a time

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  20:50:02  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I'd suggest leaving them until a couple of days after feeding.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  20:50:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
PS. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  20:54:55  Show Profile
thankyou hes an amelanistic really striking markings seemed much more bolder then the others a real cutie
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  21:17:04  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I'd suggest leaving them until a couple of days after feeding.

i meant handle if not feeding for a few days not straight after, sorry two posts did`nt tie in

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic