Bit worried...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  21:32:27  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
I'm a little bit worried about Tartan.

She seems to be just constantly in her hide, and NEVERcomes out anymore. She used to come out after her light went off and wander round a bit, but I never see her anymore. I stopped handeling her as she seems more relaxed when feeding now, and she's gotten so aggrastive I can't even go near the glass, cause she just strikes.

She's been jacked up to HUGE mice in the last week, which she eats with relish, and compeltly ignored to small mouse I put in with it in case it wasn't wuite filling her, so I know she's not hungry, and her viv is bang on 30*, so i don't think she's too hot.

I lifted her hide up and gave her a small nudge and she doesn't seem very active, usually she tries to strike straight away, but didn;'t really notice...

Should I be worried? I don't think she's shedding either.

Sorry it's so long, I stil lcare even if she is a moody cow

Thanks xx

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

n/a
deleted

306 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  22:04:47  Show Profile
hiya, my snape has gone into hiding the last couple of days, like tartan, he would usually come out and be very active in the evening, he is due for shedding though so i am leaving him to it for a while, but if you have ruled all of the expected out and he's been like this a while, I would take him out and handle him, see how he reacts, you know his behaviour so you will be able to judge how he is acting hopefully and maybe see if you need to get him checked out.
Hang in there, i'm sure others will advise you further on their thoughts on what to do.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

306 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  22:06:10  Show Profile
sorry just realised tartan is female, habit coz mines male!!
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  14:06:39  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Maybe shes having a mid-life crisis?
Sorry I can't help, shes not producing unfertile eggs maybe?

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  15:14:13  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Our king snake is being very aggressive at the moment too. Same thing- striking at the glass when you go near. Maybe it's a summer thing for milks and kings

Sounds like you are doing as much as you can by checking the temps and keeping an eye on her. Hopefully she'll just be in a mood, but keep monitoring for anything dodgy and keep us updated!

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  15:19:11  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
she should be fine

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  15:20:32  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
my milks gone into hiding too but not in its hide,its somewhere in the house still

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  15:21:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You'll find it attached to your ankle or toe soon.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  15:35:21  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I agree! They've definitely got the blood lust at the moment. Just hope it doesn't attack you in the bath. It could be very embarrassing and painful

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  16:44:17  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I was about to make a remark about pinkies, but managed to stop myself!

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  22:48:30  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
hahahaha

i love you guys

im just gonna keep an eye on her and imma check if there's a reptile vet around here somewhere. I think it's worth getting her checked just cause she is about 4 and y'know... never been checked for internal parasites or anything.

It may be a summer thing! Never know... maybe it's too hot? Not breeding season is it? And what age do they start doing those practice egg things?

xx

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  23:20:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Spoke to a friend of my who has a couple of Kings and he said that for the past month or so (since the warm weather kicked in) he hasn't seen much of them, they've always been in their hides. Although he did say that they were not noticeably more aggressive.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

306 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  08:21:22  Show Profile
sounds like they are all at it the lazy buggers, and to think they have got people worried sick over them!!!
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2008 :  21:45:46  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
I've come to the conclusion that she is fine, just being a moody mare.

She's eaten, crapped and striked at me all the space of 3 days :)
I checked on her and she was getting ready to shed and I have a beautiful full body shed.

It's hanging off my guitar and looking slightly spectral

thanks for the advice though guys, I'll keep you updated and see if her mood improves as it gets cooler.

x

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly