Yuck, regurg!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  13:07:23  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Well as most of you will know this new fatty amel of mine's on a diet - 1 regular mouse every 7-10 days.

So I fed him on Thursday, left him 48hrs and handled him yesterday (Saturday) and last night he regurgitated it barely digested at all, yuck! It was about 4.45am to be precise as we were up with a sleepless teething toddler at the time!

I'm going to rearrange his viv as he never uses the warm hide so I'm going to try and make it more appealing for him as I think this might have contributed to the problem.

Hope nobody's eating their lunch/dinner/tea right now, just thought I'd share

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  13:37:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Sorry to hear that, do you know if the previous owners had had any trouble with it?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  13:57:17  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
not been in touch with them so I've no idea.
I've only ever seen him in the warm hide once in the month that I've had him so I've just had a re-jig. nicked a slightly larger hide from Birch and Spruce to see if he likes that, I don't know if the other one was a bit of a tight squeeze as he's a big lad (or lass?) and if that was putting him off using the warm one. his favourite hide is a 'mole drain' which is basically a ceramic pipe but it has very little surface area for a heat mat to warm up so I'm keeping it in the cool end for him.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  14:08:58  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Fingers crossed he keeps it down next week, might be worth leaving him for a few extra days next time.

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  14:53:51  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Best of luck when feeding him next time.
I havn't had a regurge yet but I'm sure its awful x.x

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  20:08:33  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
quote:

Hope nobody's eating their lunch/dinner/tea right now, just thought I'd share

I'm actually just eating my supper! but luckily nothing meaty. I'm sure if I was eating anything other than a cheese and onion toastie I might have re-gurged myself

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  20:58:25  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
they do smell when they are half digested

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  22:05:59  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
yeah they smell REALLY bad! The re-jig of the viv seems to have worked, he's actually in the warm hide now. there's only 2 hides in there now instead of 3 but he seems alert ad happy enough so i'll have to wait and see for his next feed.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  23:43:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Fingers crossed that that'll do the trick then.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000