Blackecho - genetics stuff for you
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  19:47:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
saw you on the other forum, is this what you're after hun?

this is a brief explanation of genetics, with 'punnet squares' for you to manually predict offspring
http://www.newenglandreptile.com/genetics_simple_recessive.html

this is a download, you input what you're breeding and it calculates the possible offspring for you http://home.comcast.net/~spencer62/cornprog.html

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  20:10:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for that Ali.

I understand the basics as in that link NN x aa = Na, Na, Na, Na and Na x Na = NN, Na, Na, aa. That's very basic. I start to get confused as to which genes are Dominant, which Recessive etc.

Such as if I breed an amel with a lavender I end up with Normals het Opal. I only know that because I asked a specific question. Should I be able to work this out, or do I just have to learn?

What about Stripes/Motley?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  20:10:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for that Ali.

I understand the basics as in that link NN x aa = Na, Na, Na, Na and Na x Na = NN, Na, Na, aa. That's very basic. I start to get confused as to which genes are Dominant, which Recessive etc.

Such as if I breed an amel with a lavender I end up with Normals het Opal. I only know that because I asked a specific question. Should I be able to work this out, or do I just have to learn?

What about Stripes/Motley?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  12:42:18  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
This site here gives you the genetics of each morph as well as having lots of pretty pictures
http://www.iansvivarium.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cornmorphs.html

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  12:42:18  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
This site here gives you the genetics of each morph as well as having lots of pretty pictures
http://www.iansvivarium.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cornmorphs.html

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  12:44:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, been trying to get my head round that one cheers

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  12:44:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, been trying to get my head round that one cheers

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  13:06:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
On the other place there's Nige ('cornmorphs') who seems a really nice helpful bloke and he DOES know his genetics, I'm getting a female 07 amel stripe off him soon hopefully, he's got a thread in the breeding section where people can ask him 'if i cross this with this what do I get?'

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  13:06:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
On the other place there's Nige ('cornmorphs') who seems a really nice helpful bloke and he DOES know his genetics, I'm getting a female 07 amel stripe off him soon hopefully, he's got a thread in the breeding section where people can ask him 'if i cross this with this what do I get?'

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  13:37:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Excellent, I've spoken with him a few times, but not come across that thread.

Cheers m'dears.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  13:37:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Excellent, I've spoken with him a few times, but not come across that thread.

Cheers m'dears.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000