Help with a new set up??!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  18:55:53  Show Profile
Hi can anyone please help me, I've just got my first corn with a complete set up. I set it up as i was told with the heatmat under the viv with the little rubber feet for airflow. The viv is a 15x12x12 perfecto starter with a t-rex thermometer and a 7watt heatmat, but the temp. doesn't seem to be going over 26 over the heatmat. Can anyone tell me if I've done anything wrong.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  19:44:11  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
is the thermometer next to the warm hide or half way up the side of the viv?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  20:15:47  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Try lying the thermometer on the substrate above the heatmat as this is where the snake will be.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  20:36:50  Show Profile
the thermometer is on the outside of the glass just above the height of the substrate.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  20:40:51  Show Profile
have you stuck the mat to the viv ? I think I know what heatmat you mean & it needs to be sticky side up stuck to the outside of the glass.

The thermometer will also read slightly different on the heat mat rather than on the outside of the glass even at roughly the same level as the substrate.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  21:09:52  Show Profile
i have stuck the mat to the table and then placed the viv on top of this. is this the right way around or should the air gap be under the mat?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  21:19:36  Show Profile
The sticky bit sticks to the under side of the glass tank on the out side then you stick the feet in each corner of the glass tank to allow air flow or the heatmat will over heat & wont work properly. so the gap is under the heat mat as it is stuck to the under side of the glass tank - with me lol.

Edited by - n/a on 06/07/2008 21:20:15
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  21:27:33  Show Profile
Yeah got it now, he's just popped out now so won't do it straight away as I don't want him to get too stressed, just got him 2 days ago so he's still settling in. Thanks for the help, gonna try to get some photos on once he's out a bit more.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000