Food, etc?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  12:25:00  Show Profile
I got my new corn last Saturday - he's a beautiful Snow. (x Pics coming soon.

Anyway; I was told at the shop that they'd fed him Monday and Thursday, and that I should probably do the same. However, I fed him Monday (he's a great feeder. xD), and it is Thursday now; he's not pooped since he ate his pinkie on Monday.

I've been reading up, and apparently some corns do well on one pinkie a week? Especially since he's still so small. He can't be more than a couple weeks old.

Also, is it normal for a corn not to have pooped yet? I hear some take 3-4 days, but should I try giving him a warm bath to see if it encourages him?

So, my questions; 1)one or two pinkies a week? 2)should I wait til he's pooped to feed him again? 3)if one pinkie, when should I move to two?

Thanks. <3

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  12:56:57  Show Profile
1 or 2 pinkys is dependent on the snake if he wants to eat he will if not he wont. wait until he poos naturally there's no need to encourage it let him settle in or you'll stress the animal out more. try feeding 2 pinks, if your going to every 7 days minimum or just stick to one for a month every 7 days.

dont handle the snake too much to start let him get used to his surroundings & all the new smells. leave him atleast a day or two before handling after feeding.

hope that helps
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  13:01:17  Show Profile
Thanks, Moneymaker! ^^ Yes, I left him for a few days when he arrived and only handled him a little. He seems to be settling in well and is starting to explore his new home more. x3

Thank you very much for the advice! ^_^ I think I'll stick to one-a-week for a month, and then I'll switch to two =P
Again, thank you! :3

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  14:26:40  Show Profile
ok enjoy looking after your corn snake

you'll know when the snake is ready for two pinkys as it will almost be looking for more food or may even just 'sit' there as if to say I want more. Also if it swallows the food item really quick for the first time.

if it continually swallows two pinks quickly then maybe it's time to move up to the next food size - but not at the moment

do you have any pics of your snake ?
you could enter the comp.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  14:49:21  Show Profile
Oh, I am xD I love him so much ^w^

Oooh, okay! Thanks for the tip :3

Yeah, I've got some pictures, and I plan to take some more tonight to enter the competition with x3 Hopefully I can get them up tonight :D

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000