Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  10:44:34  Show Profile
Well things have gone from bad to worse! Because of the mould I made some tiny (and I mean tiny) ventilation holes in the box. Now I have no idea how she managed this but this morning I found Callisto inside the box with the eggs all over the place! Some look even more deflated, others look fine but may well be dead because they have been moved. I know I didn't do things in the correct way but everything was going well until I screwed up. I still don't know how she got in there. The hole must have been 1/6 th of her width - mmmm!

Anery Motley F: Callisto
Snow M: Europa
Carolina Reverse Okeetee F: Io
Anery Motley F: Kinky
Snow F: Maite

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  10:44:34  Show Profile
Well things have gone from bad to worse! Because of the mould I made some tiny (and I mean tiny) ventilation holes in the box. Now I have no idea how she managed this but this morning I found Callisto inside the box with the eggs all over the place! Some look even more deflated, others look fine but may well be dead because they have been moved. I know I didn't do things in the correct way but everything was going well until I screwed up. I still don't know how she got in there. The hole must have been 1/6 th of her width - mmmm!

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  10:51:14  Show Profile
There's always next time, but you can learn from any mistakes. It's not you're fault I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  10:51:14  Show Profile
There's always next time, but you can learn from any mistakes. It's not you're fault I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  11:31:37  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Snakes can get where water can't!

I hope you still get some hatchlings, otherwise you'll have to use it as a learning experience.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  11:31:37  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Snakes can get where water can't!

I hope you still get some hatchlings, otherwise you'll have to use it as a learning experience.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  11:33:31  Show Profile
Aaaww sorry to hear that, hopefully some might be ok.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  11:33:31  Show Profile
Aaaww sorry to hear that, hopefully some might be ok.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  11:39:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Tipsy, have you got a photo of the eggs?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  11:39:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Tipsy, have you got a photo of the eggs?

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  15:34:25  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
sorry to hear about your eggs, mist them and see what happens

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  15:34:25  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
sorry to hear about your eggs, mist them and see what happens

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  15:49:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Aye, they might be drying out.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  15:49:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Aye, they might be drying out.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  18:14:34  Show Profile
I have tried all day to download this photo onto the site but it just won't work. I have seperated three good eggs into a separate container. There are atleast three more good eggs but they are all attatched to very dodgy/mouldy eggs so I have left them with the others. There is definetly enough moisture in the cage, so we'll just have to wait and see. Out of interest, when is it obvious that an egg is dead? I would like to dissect a dead egg at some point and look at its contents - that may be a bit grim but then Iam hoping to study zoology! ;)

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  18:14:34  Show Profile
I have tried all day to download this photo onto the site but it just won't work. I have seperated three good eggs into a separate container. There are atleast three more good eggs but they are all attatched to very dodgy/mouldy eggs so I have left them with the others. There is definetly enough moisture in the cage, so we'll just have to wait and see. Out of interest, when is it obvious that an egg is dead? I would like to dissect a dead egg at some point and look at its contents - that may be a bit grim but then Iam hoping to study zoology! ;)

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  18:23:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Even mouldy eggs can produce, I wouldn't move them if you don't have to.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  18:23:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Even mouldy eggs can produce, I wouldn't move them if you don't have to.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  18:24:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
PS. You have to upload your pic into www.Photobucket.com and then copy the img file into here.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2008 :  18:24:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
PS. You have to upload your pic into www.Photobucket.com and then copy the img file into here.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000