Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2008 :  16:49:46  Show Profile
Well if you don't want anymore eggs remove the male to his own viv. The female can retain sperm but as it's their first time & they are young I would doubt she will double clutch. Even the eggs could be infertile, but you'll have to wait & see in a week or so if any are yellow they're no good.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2008 :  16:49:46  Show Profile
Well if you don't want anymore eggs remove the male to his own viv. The female can retain sperm but as it's their first time & they are young I would doubt she will double clutch. Even the eggs could be infertile, but you'll have to wait & see in a week or so if any are yellow they're no good.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  20:44:45  Show Profile
Thanks all! What a week - I've now rescued a baby wood pigeon from the garden who is in a shoe box sitting on top of an ex heat mat! I didn't know whether to leave it to die as they aren't exactly rare. Lets hope the RSPB won't laugh when I call them tomorrow! I may even cry if I open the box to a dead bird tomorrow - what is wrong with me!!!

Anery Motley F: Callisto
Snow M: Europa
Carolina Reverse Okeetee F: Io
Anery Motley F: Kinky
Snow F: Maite

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  20:44:45  Show Profile
Thanks all! What a week - I've now rescued a baby wood pigeon from the garden who is in a shoe box sitting on top of an ex heat mat! I didn't know whether to leave it to die as they aren't exactly rare. Lets hope the RSPB won't laugh when I call them tomorrow! I may even cry if I open the box to a dead bird tomorrow - what is wrong with me!!!

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  21:09:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tipsy

You are a caring human that is all and it is nothing to be ashamed about.

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  21:09:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tipsy

You are a caring human that is all and it is nothing to be ashamed about.

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2008 :  10:03:44  Show Profile
Baby bird still alive - these heat mats are great! Phoned the RSPB and they've told me to put it outside as it should be fine eventhough it can't fly! I tried to coax it out of its box but it looked freezing. OK so I am probably over-reacting but if I find it dead tomorrow then there will be trouble Mr RSPB man!!!

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2008 :  10:03:44  Show Profile
Baby bird still alive - these heat mats are great! Phoned the RSPB and they've told me to put it outside as it should be fine eventhough it can't fly! I tried to coax it out of its box but it looked freezing. OK so I am probably over-reacting but if I find it dead tomorrow then there will be trouble Mr RSPB man!!!

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  22:50:35  Show Profile
can any one help me i think my snake is egg bound
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  22:50:35  Show Profile
can any one help me i think my snake is egg bound
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  23:15:54  Show Profile
try soaking her in luke warm water. when did she last shed ?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  23:15:54  Show Profile
try soaking her in luke warm water. when did she last shed ?
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  10:30:26  Show Profile
(Tipsy, hows the bird doing?)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  10:30:26  Show Profile
(Tipsy, hows the bird doing?)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  18:14:46  Show Profile
Sorry, I've been away for a while. Regarding the bird we decided to put it back in its nest and we haven't gone back - ignorance is bliss!

One of my eggs looks as if it has a dot of mould on it - what do I do?
We have been waiting for an incubator so in the meantime the eggs are in a plastic box with a tiny hole in it, sitting on top of the heat mat in the snakes viv. They have not changed shape since the day we got them (look perfect) and it is humid in the box as there are always water droplets on the lid. This egg is attatched to another - any suggestions?

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  18:14:46  Show Profile
Sorry, I've been away for a while. Regarding the bird we decided to put it back in its nest and we haven't gone back - ignorance is bliss!

One of my eggs looks as if it has a dot of mould on it - what do I do?
We have been waiting for an incubator so in the meantime the eggs are in a plastic box with a tiny hole in it, sitting on top of the heat mat in the snakes viv. They have not changed shape since the day we got them (look perfect) and it is humid in the box as there are always water droplets on the lid. This egg is attatched to another - any suggestions?

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  18:21:52  Show Profile
leave it most of the time it wont spread & if it does the others should be ok - even the mouldy egg could still hatch! lol

coco fiber brick (i think it's called) will expand in warm water & is like a moss. This contains tannins like a tea bag which will prevent fungus forming. The eggs may get a brownish look to them like speckling but they'll be fine.

Athletes foot powder has been mentioned in Kathy Loves book.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  18:21:52  Show Profile
leave it most of the time it wont spread & if it does the others should be ok - even the mouldy egg could still hatch! lol

coco fiber brick (i think it's called) will expand in warm water & is like a moss. This contains tannins like a tea bag which will prevent fungus forming. The eggs may get a brownish look to them like speckling but they'll be fine.

Athletes foot powder has been mentioned in Kathy Loves book.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  20:26:38  Show Profile
how are the eggs now ?

it could be excess humidity, causing mould, where they're directly on the heatmat ?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  20:26:38  Show Profile
how are the eggs now ?

it could be excess humidity, causing mould, where they're directly on the heatmat ?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000