Help Hatchling with scale problems
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  01:15:09  Show Profile
One of my new born snakes has these white flaky belly scales, I, knottiest them when "she" first came out her shell it wasn’t a problem then and I though it was just her colouring as she is a ghost/okeetie reverse cross, but now they look like there spreading and she has started segregating herself from the other hatchets and is very inactive. As I have 2 much older corns I have some "TAMODINE, wound and skin cleanser" in a draw and have given her a wash down with that (following the instructions) she seamed to like it and find it soothing as the case may be and is now back in a pile with her friends (and hasten run away again yet) it is antibacterial and ant fungal the tamodine I mean. Getting to the point dose anyone know what it is that’s wrong with her. I think its fungal and she will have another wash in the tamodine and a bath tomorrow morning. At least if I know what it is I can make sure it isn’t contagious. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Vikki

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  09:51:28  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address
Could be the other hatchlings doing it to her - Ideally you should separate them as soon as they've hatched. maybe the experience breeders may know the reason but that's my suggestion.

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  10:04:55  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
could be dermatitis which can have a few causes so i would take to the vets

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  11:13:51  Show Profile
Erm, thanks Lewy and Saddleninja, but im pleased to inform she’s actually sloughing. Sorry to have bugged everyone, given her a soak to help loosen the skin, but she’s doing it really badly, my other snakes make a much better job of removing it and even when they where little they never looked like she dose, so am now wondering how long do I leave her before helping out?

Tanks

Vikki
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000