weightwatchers!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  20:41:15  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I just weighed my 3 at the weekend, Petal is a tiny 7g, Birch is a slim 278g (still feeding her up after laying) and Spruce is a whopping 670g (he's a BIG lad!)

how often do other people weigh their snakes? I was going to make the effort to do them every month but is that too infrequent to pick up any problems?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  21:06:50  Show Profile
Never! Am i 'sposed to? Lol...?
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  10:11:45  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I do mine every now and again.

It's not a must (unless you're thinking of breeding or have an ill snake who needs extra monitoring), but I like to do it because it's interesting to see how they are growing.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  12:41:00  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I've only weighed mine about twice since I've had them but I'm really trying to get organised with record keeping - feeding, shedding, weight - and was curious what everyone else did :-)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  13:17:28  Show Profile
what did you use to weigh them?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  13:30:50  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
plastic tub and digital scales then knocked off the weight of the tub.
Was quite shocked at Petal weighing so little, she's obviously a late '07 and she's only been fed 1 pinkie once a week while she's been in the pet shop but enthusiastically took 2 from me last time I fed her

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

173 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  15:44:40  Show Profile
petal sounds tinyhow often do you feed them

corns de best

1 dog
1 rabbit
6 ginie pigs
lot of fish
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  20:50:29  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Only just got Petal about 10 days ago (see the 'Name for my new Carolina' thread) she took 2 pinkies last Friday (I'd had her 6 days then) but she still has a slight bulge in her belly so i'm waiting for her to fully digest them before I feed her again, hopefully before this Friday as I'd like to feed her more often than weekly.
Birch is on 2 mice weekly as I'm feeding her up after breeding and Spruce has 2 mice every 7-10 days depending on how active he is cos he's a BIG lad!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

173 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  20:59:03  Show Profile
you might not need to weigh them evrey month 2 or 3 will be better if you feel a need to weigh them

corns de best

1 dog
1 rabbit
6 ginie pigs
lot of fish
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  21:49:32  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I've never really bothered at all before as long as they seem ok in themselves. But when I took Spruce to the vets a few years ago I can remember being told off cos I didn't have a clue what he weighed, and was sternly told I should weigh them every *~~~gone in the mists of time~~~* often. Think I'll keep weighing tiny petal regularly to make sure she keeps putting it on.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000