New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  20:44:33  Show Profile
Hey guys,
I've had my corn for about 7 months now and i think she's about 9-10 months old. But, as im sure many of you will understand, im dying to get another one! I really fancy an anery but the ones at my local shop dont look much like the pics i've seen online. Are there different variations of anery morphs? I would ideally like one that has really strong black saddles rather than the greyish brown ones they have at the shop. Will the markings get stronger with age or will they remain brownish?
My other question was about cohabiting...I've read the thread on here about housing two corns together and am aware that at this stage it would be a terrible idea as they are at very different stages of growth (the one i want is a tiny baby). But later in life when they are at similar sizes would housing them together be a possibility?
Any advice would be great!

0.1.0 Crimson Corn "Cherry Darling"
0.1.0 Anery Corn "Riff Raff"
0.1.0 Hypo Motley Corn "Magenta"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "Beatrix Kiddo"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "O-Ren Ishii"
0.1.0 Tortoiseshell and White Kitten "Gizmo!"

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  21:08:58  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
anery's come in a couple of different 'formats'
type A http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/anerya.php
type B http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/aneryb.php
type C http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/aneryc.php

A's are the most common although there is quite a bit of variation with each type, just keep looking till you find one that you like (i'm an anery fan, my first corn was an anery )

as for co-habiting........... big debate! i do, most of mine are paired up permanently BUT it's carefully done and carefully monitored and not everyone is prepared to risk things. have a very good read of this thread http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070 to make an informed decision (although it won't need to be made for a while yet )

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2009 :  11:00:53  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
yay another anery lover.. their markings rock..

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2009 :  15:39:56  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
sure do
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2009 :  19:49:26  Show Profile
im another anery, when i was getting my 2nd corn i was wanting an anery, but the place didnt have any, but they showed me this butter which i fell in love with and had to have. Still want an anery though lol

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  01:38:25  Show Profile
Id say my two Favs are Amel and Carolina... Carolinas have gorgeous markings i think

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  09:21:24  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
well what i can say is there is one morph that i dont think is beautiful in its own way
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  10:43:53  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address
My first was an anery, they are gorgeous! now i have a Hypo Stripe as well, she is also gorgeous! All morphs are good looking lol, just dont really like snows!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  13:36:21  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  14:19:02  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
i got me eye on a snow atm.. but spose all the morphs are appealing in their own lil ways .

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  22:31:25  Show Profile
Cheers for the advice GP. Yeah i definitely will be keeping them separate until they are a similar size. Another question though, if i do get another snake and the two of them are kept separately their entire lives will i have issue trying to put them together two or three years down the line? Will they not fight?
Hmm either way, ive got the corn snake bug and am itching to get another one. Im even thinking about names already! lol. even if housing them together eventually isn't an option it'll be fine, i'll just have to fork out for two massive tanks :)

Anery's rock. so pretty!

0.1.0 Crimson Corn "Cherry Darling"
0.1.0 Anery Corn "Riff Raff"
0.1.0 Hypo Motley Corn "Magenta"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "Beatrix Kiddo"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "O-Ren Ishii"
0.1.0 Tortoiseshell and White Kitten "Gizmo!"
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2009 :  19:01:33  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage
the black will fade to grey on anerys as they get older, some will show brown/pink tones but all will lose that hatchling jet black colour :(

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000