feeding??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  20:24:23  Show Profile
my corn snake is around 12wks old the rep shop i got her from only fed her 1 pinkie a week, i fed her today and she rushed it right down and still seem to want more, should i start to give her 2 pinkies? and how often would you say cause they done once a week but every where else says every 3rd day and then another rep shop says no more than 2pinks a wk,
am now getting confused on how many and how often to feed her? i think she would take 2 but dont wanna over feed her, help!!

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....
1 butter motley boy + 1 girl

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  20:26:21  Show Profile
Feeding every 3 days is ridiculous. Feed it 2 every 5-7 days. After a few weeks, check if its big enough for a fuzzy or another pinkie.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

89 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  21:23:04  Show Profile
I had been feeding 2 pinkies every 4-5 days but am now going to try her with fuzzy. You cant handle day after feeding so you would never really get to hold it if fed every 3 days.

1 Hypo Corn - Slinky
1 Leopard Gecko - Leo
1 White Boxer - Floyd
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  09:56:57  Show Profile
Hi i have a 2 year old snowcorn,when it was that age i was feeding it 1 pinkie every 5 days,once it started swallowing the pinkie fast and there was no visible lump then i gave it 2 pinkies.When the same happened with the pinkies i then gave it 1 small fuzzy and so on.It is now fed on 1 adult mouse every 8 days,hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  10:01:17  Show Profile
thats what i thought and i havent fed her every 3 days she had 2 pinkies last nite and that was her first feed from when i got her as they fed her the day before i got her and thats about 6 days ago now.
i fed her on the 5th day cause the rep shop had only gave her 1 pink and she seemed hungry yesterday so i gave her 2 and today she looks happyer etc, thanks

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  10:04:52  Show Profile
thanks mako it does and by the sounds and the look of her i think shes ready to move up to 1 fuzzy as she swolled 2 yesterday easly and with no visible lump after lol thanks again

And to pick up.....

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  10:12:47  Show Profile
No problem mate,just ask the shop for a small fuzzy first,i think it will be able to swallow that by the sound of it.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  13:20:25  Show Profile
If i were you, I'd keep going on 2 pinkies for a while.. till you think he can manage 3.. then its time for a fuzzy.

BUT MAKE SURE THE PREY ITEM IS NOT OVER 1.5 TIMES THE THICKEST PART OF THE SNAKE!

I have heard of the anaconda that swallowed a caiman, and the anaconda exploded. whether that's true or an urban myth, I don't know but a means for caution anyway.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000