Ive housed my snakies together....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  14:29:22  Show Profile
ive finally put them together acknowledging the risks ive decided to go ahead with it theres one problem though they both seem to be really savage and hate each other

hehe

im feeding them out of there cage now and obviously serperatly they seem to be fine but im keeping a close eye on them... :D got some pictures in 'pictures' of my snakies

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  15:05:41  Show Profile
They had probably got used to their own space and each now see the other as a threat.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  15:56:01  Show Profile
.... it was a joke.... there fine :S lol they luv each other :) they are opposite sex though does this pose any problems? and when would they mate if they were two? :S
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  16:26:44  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
my couple is a snow and amel
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  16:52:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by carlos2308

.... it was a joke.... there fine :S lol they luv each other :) they are opposite sex though does this pose any problems? and when would they mate if they were two? :S

Yes, it does. If the female gets gravid before she is a healthy size, it can cause alot of problems.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  17:37:15  Show Profile
sex ed lesson for them too later then ;) lol thanks
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  17:38:53  Show Profile
So you will split them?

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  19:52:46  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Hi, Carlos.
Im not being funny but just because they're sharing the same hide, it doesn't mean they 'love' eachother. They just both want to use the suitable hide.
And like Matty has said, having opposite sex together is risky and IMO an unessesary risk to take.

But anyway, they're both great looking corns.

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  21:02:02  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
totally agree with BTD, they're both after the best spot in the viv. at 2 years old they shouldn't be housed together, leave it another year. if you're serious about selling them when you go in the RAF somebody could inherit problems you've caused.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  22:32:01  Show Profile
Hi Carlos, I'm the forums biggest fan of co-habiting *runs to hide awaiting long list of reasons not too* I believe that i have taken all reasonable precautions and that my decision is an informed one, but even i think your setting yourself up for trouble.

I had an 18 month old male in with my girls untill recently, didn't think he was old enough to do the deed but he did and knocked up 2 of my girls. Annie laid 13 eggs and it has taken months to get her back to reasonable health, Ginge laid 6 eggs and she is tiny less than half the weight she should have been, and i will now not bread from either of them in the future as they are at high risk of becoming egg bound .

I still co-habit but males and females will not be kept together and i have had all snakes sexed but at least 2 people to confirm genders. I love seeing my lot all curled up togeteher and although there is enough hides for them to have 1 each hot end and cold they still choose to do this but i really think you should have another think before putting your snakes at risk especally as they may not be your responsibilty forever.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  22:52:57  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
im glad i am not alone in the co-habiting theory. i believe that corns do like living together but you have to be really careful. my friend at the rep shop keeps his corns together and he has no problems with them but i can understand why ppl advise not to keep them together. you are taking a huge risk in what you are doing carlos becoz they may only be small but i dont think it is a wise idea.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  23:08:19  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
don't get me wrong i co habit mine BUT you've got to do it right to minimise the risks. to me, housing a juvenile male and female together is asking for trouble.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  08:32:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

So you will split them?

Yes i will. dont want any problems being oposite sex and all :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic