Snake bit me :(
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  19:50:24  Show Profile
i have had my jasper for 2-3 months and i have fed him on the same day every week and i have been increasing the size of mice. i change his water every 2-3 days when i get chance. i fed him 1 days let him settle for two days and i went in to change his water and he struck at me and girpped onto me and wouldnt let go???? i carefully took him off and put him back in his cage. i changed his water and then got him out and he was fine with me again :S and hes never been bothered by me before he shed about a week ago aswell....
any ideas why this might have been :S

my threads a little all over the place i wanted to get all the info in lol

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  20:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Could have been several reasons.
Where was the snake in relation to your hand when you went in? was he facing away or towards your hand?
Could you have had traces of something tasty on your hands?

You're also a proper snake owner now that you've been tagged.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  07:37:41  Show Profile
not sure what could of been on my hands but i dont think i would have had anything on them and he wa facing away then as soon as i touched him he looked round then i went to pick him up then he bit me!!! :(
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Yearling

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  08:27:42  Show Profile
Hi
Where do you feed? If you feed him in the tank he lives in, he prolly just mistuck it for feeding time. The fact that he latched on means that he thought you were food.
What did you feed him last? after feeding him the last time, did you make sure he was finished eating. If you gave 1 fuzzy for example, did you try him with another?? making sure he was full.

As far as I am aware, a snake that strikes at you in one quick bite is scared and is letting you know it, if it latches on it thinks you're food.

I live by the adage "If a snake bits you, its your fault...you did something wrong!!"
heard it off some dude on youtube for expertvillage.com lol

hope that helps
Mick

1.0.0 Hypo Striped Corn (Mojo)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000