omg idiots!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  14:45:50  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
in my local rep shop the other week and a guy came in with 2 corns (ghost and anery) that he had bought from the internet and he had no idea what to do with them. he was asking me what to feed them and wether they are save to handle.

well...he was in again yesterday and i said nice looking ghost and anery you have there and he turned around and said they were both anerys when clearly one was brown like a ghost. any whom i told him about my corns and he turned around and said he has 7 corns now and he is still buying fizzies for them when one is about 4.5ft. when i tried telling him he needed medium to large mice he flipped and said he has been researching corns and knows what he is doing now so i left him until he wanted to buy an anaconda to put with them.

it annoyed me so much that i had to release my anger lol. my anger has got nothing to do with the fact he bought 2 females that i wanted btw

n/a
deleted

471 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  14:49:11  Show Profile
Jesus... That's the thing with online livestock. Any idiot can buy them, while in walk in shops the owner can judge the customer and make a decision based on the animals welfare.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  14:53:13  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
fast reply there lol. i agree with you there but unfornutaly ppl are always going to buy things they do not understand.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

54 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  15:55:48  Show Profile
I think its wrong that anybody can buy then with out researching them first.
Before i got mine i got 4-5 corn snake books. Spoke to people on here, and people i knew who had corns and also went to pet shops to see them and handle them first before i brought one.
I had wanted one for years but waited until the time was right.
Then you get TITS like that bloke that think they know everything but know nothing.
Sorry that gets at me when people just buy them cause they think they look good, but dont know what to do with them.
8-)
Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  16:27:29  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
yea, i expect quitea few people get them because they think it will be good to boast about, and it is often cheaper online, so they just buy the cheapest things (but im not saying that most expensive is alays best, there are often cheap alternatives that work as well, if not better), and then after a few wees of having this snake realise that it isnt as exciting as they thought it would be, and stop caring or looking after it or handling it, and dont want to get rid of it or they would seem silly to get rid of it after a few weeks.

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  16:45:20  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
tht bloke seems like a jumped up ****..well when he buys his anaconda i hope it eats his dog and his wife.... lol sorry but some people think they are the dogs b******s when they done a bit of research(i.e 5 mins on net or flicked through a few books).. irritates me... personally im enjoying the learning side of it as with each day ur seeing and understanding sommit new

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  17:44:06  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
i agree with you punumbear. its so rewarding learning new things for your snake or anything for that case
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  18:53:55  Show Profile
Not all walk in shops care either. When i got my two i was told the wrong imformation. They just wanted to sell me as much as they could.
Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  20:53:39  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

lol sorry but some people think they are the dogs b******s when they done a bit of research(i.e 5 mins on net or flicked through a few books).. irritates me... personally im enjoying the learning side of it as with each day ur seeing and understanding sommit new

i agree, and the thing is you NEVER stop learning. the fascinating thing i find most about any of my exotic pets is that you can have 2 specimens of the same size and age and they can have totally different personalities. my corn snake blake , seems to show intellegence as hes head always pops out from under the log if i walk into the room and slithers up the the glass as in a "greeting" sort of behaviour, my dad says no way can a snake have that sort of behaviour and says that with their reptillian brians they just hunt, sleep and slither, but i remain convinced that there is some "thinking" going on when i judge my snakes behaviour, he dfinatley isn't stupid

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  21:55:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by heatseeker872591

my corn snake blake , seems to show intellegence as hes head always pops out from under the log if i walk into the room and slithers up the the glass as in a "greeting" sort of behaviour, my dad says no way can a snake have that sort of behaviour and says that with their reptillian brians they just hunt, sleep and slither, but i remain convinced that there is some "thinking" going on when i judge my snakes behaviour, he dfinatley isn't stupid

I have to disagree with you there, I agree with your dad, I reckon they are as thick as 2 short planks.

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  22:02:15  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
personally i dont think people give animals of any kind enough credit for their intelligence,cause we get so blinkered by day to day viewing n what we have read or watched..i think all animals are fascinatingn teach us new things about ourselves aswell... my lil one has defo got a personality n some definate attitude in the way she slinks about..defo like her owner.. pick me animals over a person any day. :)

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000