hmmm
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  16:55:25  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
ok since we have had this warm weather i have not seen anything of me lil one, was fed on fat pinky last friday and faun was cleaned out then also.The stat isnt turning off n on as per which im assuming is due to temp being high cause of summer.Do usually see her out n about of late eve from 9.30pm onwards but obviously now must be moving about when im asleep.Am really just hopin lil one is ok.. i know they are quite happy to sit coiled for days n wait but bit concerned..... do they get more active as they get bigger?

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  17:06:07  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
very normal for corns to only be seen late evening as they are nocternal. i have noticed as my male has got older he has become more active but i think that might be beacause he is charged and waitin if you no what i mean. but my female is less active now. the weather has made my hognose go crazy im sure he hasnt slept for 3days lol

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  17:25:30  Show Profile
They arn't nocternal, they are crepuscular - active at dawn and dusk. Dont worry about it being inactive as long as it looks alright and is feeding.

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  17:27:54  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
sorry matty didnt even know that word excisted i will walk of and put my dunce hat on

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  17:30:24  Show Profile
lol

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  17:52:21  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
i wish that word would stick in my head and by the way that is the new thing i have learnt today cheers matty

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  20:19:20  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
you are such a geek
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  14:38:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

ok since we have had this warm weather i have not seen anything of me lil one, was fed on fat pinky last friday and faun was cleaned out then also.The stat isnt turning off n on as per which im assuming is due to temp being high cause of summer.Do usually see her out n about of late eve from 9.30pm onwards but obviously now must be moving about when im asleep.Am really just hopin lil one is ok.. i know they are quite happy to sit coiled for days n wait but bit concerned..... do they get more active as they get bigger?

As already stated, they aren't nocturnal (note correct spelling ), they are crepuscular (active during twilight - dawn/dusk)... though as they get older they'll become less wary of been out of the hide (there's a lot of predators when you are a tiny hatchling!)

Your stat is spending a lot more time 'off' due to the hot weather as you say, the heat-mat is having to do a lot less work to maintain the correct temperature, so it's saving you electricity too (another good reason to have a stat!) As long as your temps are fine, there's no problem.

Incidentally, our snake has been hiding for the last few days (since his last feed), and when I lifted his cave to check on him fearing the worst, I noticed that he was in full shed - almost blind and a bit tetchy at having been disturbed!)

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  15:56:48  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
ty neil tht has more or less answered what i needed to know my temp at warm end seems to stay around 25.8-26.4 degrees c without any help from the mat.I have no idea if lil one is gonna shed at any point just not gettin ahead of meself as still working on the handling, but do make a point of going into faun every other eve taking out hide trying to encourage her to come out on her own...so slowly but surely gettin there.

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000