feeding advice
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  21:16:59  Show Profile
my snake refused his food for the first time since i've had him(about 2 months) i've been reading on here that its breeding season and its normal so thats cool. my question is should i try again or wait until next week? i usually feed once a week.

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  21:20:02  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
i would wait untill next week, but i might be wrong

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  21:23:22  Show Profile
I would leave it until next week. If you keep trying to feed it, it might freak him out. It wont hurt it to miss a feed.

Edited by - Remmy on 01/06/2009 21:23:49
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  20:29:43  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
could be because he's due to shed or have you changed anything in his enclosure? was the prey item the same size/type/colour as normal? was it properly thawed all the way through and then heated up?
if it's a food issue try again tomorrow, if there's no obvious explanation or it's either of the first 2 questions then leave him 5-7 days then try again

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  14:50:11  Show Profile
Must be catching - my 14 mth old refused her food today too. Wouldn't be particularly bothered except she refused last week too, although then took it the day after. She's super active - the substrate looks like it's had moles through it! She's fine being handled too, and is drinking, but wondering what's up. No changes to enclosure or set up, she's not due to shed, but did change food supplier a couple of weeks ago and wondering if that's enough to cause a difference. Any ideas? At a year old she's surely too young to be hormonal, or is she?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000