New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  17:49:19  Show Profile
Just discovered them on one of the new arrivals Not loads but easy to spot on a snow!

He's been in his own viv but in the same room at the rest, been to the Vets and got a massive thing of Frontline spray (£35 ouch)

So bath Flash and then just spray it on kitchen roll and wipe him over avoiding his head yeah? Deep clean viv, disposable hides and keep him on paper, then repeat in 2 weeks?

Right? wrong? Fed right up and panicing a little.

Also should i treat all my snakes? (or is it a bit like nit lotion you shouldn't use it unless your sure they have a problem)

Sorry i know this has been covered before but the threads all kinda messy and as the Rep vet wasn't available and i knew what i needed they just dispenced it for one of the Dogs so i didn't have to wait till next week.

Cheers Peoples.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  18:27:04  Show Profile
kk the 1 st thing, have you handled the other snakes with out washing your hands if so then yes treat them aswell or if they have came in contact with any thing from your new snake house or they are kept close togeather.
your Frontline, you should dilute upto 50%
you can do that by spraying it in, say a baby's bottle that way you have some measurements to go by

hope this helps or check the mites stiky
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3651

later

Edited by - n/a on 30/05/2009 18:29:42
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  19:24:45  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
sorry to hear that tizzy,nail the buggers

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  20:12:11  Show Profile
Been busy busy, found the lil Buggers in both my big corn vivs and then got paranoid that the boas could have them too (they are in the same stack) so i have done the lot!

Scrubbed, rinced, sprayed and frontlined 4 vivs and 9 snakes, i've put them and the 2 tiny babies on to paper with easy clean hides and boxes and scrubbed and bleached all their other stuff and RUBs/feeding tubs ready to go back in at a later date. It's taken me all day but hopefully i've got um all. Gonna repeat in 2 weeks and then keep them on paper for another two weeks and see how we're doing.

I'm pretty sure they came with Flash, one of the new arrivals and have been passed to the others either on clothing or by RUBs not being cleaned properly between snakes.

One more question, Flash was in a stack with my Leos, haven't found anything in there but can leo's get mites?? and if so is the treatment the same??? I'm preety sure the beardies are safe as their stack is the other side of the room and thay share no equipment at all, even when i'm doing water dishes i do them seperatly coz i do their veg at the same time. Rips and Gerry had a full clean out this week and i found nothing dodgy in there.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  20:39:50  Show Profile
Well done Tiz, I hope you got 'em.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  21:35:40  Show Profile
Thanks Matty and Lee, I've done my best so I guess it's just a case of wait and see now.

It wasn't a huge infestation but i saw a few on flash, Ginge and Spook and saw some in the Boys (spook Romeo and Zak) water dish and Flash' viv.

Just hope my Leos are OK, i think Felix may be gravid again so don't want to rush in to trash their viv, she's stressy enough at the best of times and will stop eating over the smallest thing.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000