handling...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  18:06:35  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
Hello all, me again!

Ive just tried to get my snake out, but he was quite annoyed, and didnt want to know. Although i got him out, it was only for a few seconds as he was trying 2 to get away from me and stretching out and was obviously unwilling to come out.

I was wondering if i have handled him too much.
I got him out on wednesday, and he was perfectly happy, and relaxed, and let me pick him up.

I thought it would be ok, as i left him and didnt touch him yesterday, and this was he first time ive handled im since i got him last week.

Should I have left it longer, or should i have kept holding him, and let him get used to me?

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  18:12:49  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
leave a sock of yours in his viv so he picks up your scent thats what i need when mine was tempermental
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Yearling

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  19:22:27  Show Profile
Mine would die if I put my socks in there lol

1.0.0 Hypo Striped Corn (Mojo)

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  20:03:17  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
maybe not a sock lol,a t shirt will be fine.

Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  20:30:10  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
yea, i dont want to kill him!!

He is in a small RUB at the moment, to be moved into his large viv after app. 3 sheds, and im not sure a t-shirt would fit in it at the moment.

How can you tell if a corn is sleeping?
Because he might have been grumpy earlier because i disturbed him sleeping or something...
He seems much more active at the moment, and ive just walked in on him climbing up his cardboard tube!
I might try again, but if he doesnt want me to hold him, i will leave him alone...

Edited by - muppet9976 on 29/05/2009 20:36:20
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

589 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  21:18:11  Show Profile
this is what i do with all my snakes,

i get a bit of kitchen roll or toilet roll and rub it on my wrists to pick up my scent and stick that in there..

another thing, is when they are young they do move quick, but if you persevere they will slow down once they realise you are not going to eat them..

Rat World, Frozen Rats/Multis/Gerbils/Mice

T.0845 250 0020

2.3.0. Royals.1.2.0 Corns. RIP Sadie

Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  21:26:37  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
ah so you think that, if i get them out, if he seems abit sared just keep handling him and he will get used to me.

ARGHHH
He just pooed on me!!
Thats the 2nd ime this week he has pooed.
Is that normal?
He was fed 2 weeks ago next monday, and he pooed last sunday, and again today.
I thought they pooed 4-5 days after they ate.
I didnt feed him because he was settling in, tomorrow was supposed to be his first feed (by me).

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  16:26:58  Show Profile
Btw, to avoid a poop try to leave him 3-5 days after a feed, (depend on what you feed him)

Or, if he has gone, like 4 days, plop him in a bowl/bath of SLIGHTLY WARM water. He will do his buisness then

Tend not to bath him too often, it can cause scale rot and many R.I's. If mines lucky he gets a bath once every week-fortnight.

Just perseverence really on the handling; maybe 5 minutes everyday till he gets used to, and calm and not trying to wriggle away, mind you being corns they are naturaly inquisitive so will try and look around

Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  10:14:57  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
ok thanx, i think he is being more than inquisitive though, but i will work on it untill he doesnt mind being handled.

So does the bath make him poo?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000