HOW OFTEN DO CORNS SHED?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  09:26:32  Show Profile
We have had Marmalade since the 20th April this year. Up to now he has only eaten twice, 24th April & 13 May. He has shed his skin around the 9th & 10th May. It didn`t come off in one piece as I was expecting but in little bits.

This last couple of days he has gone into hiding again. His skin has gone pale looking and his eys are cloudy. This would seem to indicate that he might be getting ready to shed again.

Is it normal for Corns to shed so often? or should I be concerned about something else and take him to the vets?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  10:38:48  Show Profile
i would not worry about it
mine is 4 foot long and in a month she's only taken 5 fuzzy's and 1 full size mouse and today she has cloudy eyes
so she's going to shedd again as well
last shedd for mine was 4 weeks ago.

i hope this help

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

589 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  10:40:01  Show Profile
my corn sheds around every four to five weeks at the moment, but yes when they are younger they shed more frequently as they are growing quicker;-)

how old is your corn?

to help him shed, you could if needed put in a little moss box for him, but make sure you soak the moss in boiling water before using it and squeeze out the excess moisture before putting it in his home so it is just damp...

my corn normally sheds complete without one...

nice corn by the way

Rat World, Frozen Rats/Multis/Gerbils/Mice

T.0845 250 0020

2.3.0. Royals.1.2.0 Corns. RIP Sadie

Edited by - n/a on 28/05/2009 10:42:07
Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  17:50:26  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
my corn snake sheds on an average of every 6 to 8 weeks, but it narf comes round quick when he goes into blue again and i think ****** *** it dont seem that long ago since he last shed lol mine seems to hold back aswell, you know after they come out of blue and their eyes and body brighten up just a little bit, mine goes up to 4 days before the actual shed lol

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

Edited by - gingerpony on 28/05/2009 20:13:53
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  20:16:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
how often they shed depends o their growth rate. a young corn on a maintenance diet will shed less frequently than a well fed corn of the same age. usually their rate of growth slows down as they age, and as fully grown adults they could shed as little as 2-3 times a year.

very frequent shedding could be for various reasons though, such as a growth spurt, mites/external parasites, or to heal an injury.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000