striking
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spider
Snake Mite

23 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  21:00:54  Show Profile
Hello it has been a while since i have used this forum, but my wife said she saw my corn snake strike but could not see at what, i looked in the viv and i could not see anything but i did see an ant in there a couple of days age which i got out. Is it normal for them to stike at nothing or do you think i could have missed something.
Thanks in advance.
Matt.

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  21:09:18  Show Profile
I dont think it would strike at nothing. Have you looked properly in the substrate to see if their are any ants under it.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  21:47:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Remmy

I dont think it would strike at nothing.

Unless it's tripping it out.

Not sure really. My snakes struck at his leaf in his shed. Found it rather amusing.

I'd check thoroughly for ants, didn;t know if Ant's smelt that bad coz I know corns probably couldn't see them. Scent/taste their main sense, right?

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  22:00:36  Show Profile
Maybe its not the snake thats tripping out it could have been your wife. Seriously if you found one ant in there their will probably be more.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  07:23:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
not sure why ants in particular, i doubt any creepy crawlies in the substrate would make a snake strike at seemingly nothing, however could it have been a reflection? is it an all glass/plastic viv?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Spider
Snake Mite

23 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  08:40:18  Show Profile
Have had a good look can't see any more ants i don't think it was a reflection because her viv has got a back drop and that was the way she was heading when she struck. We have just put a new cork hide in her viv so i don't know if that had anything to do with it, i will keep an eye out over the next couple of days.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  20:08:10  Show Profile
Your snake might not have struck then. Mightv'e been a fast neck movement, he might've got spooked by something.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000