Not happy with Komodo thermostat... :(
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

116 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  12:53:27  Show Profile
I'm getting a bit annoyed at my thermostat. The temperature varies between 25°C and 30°C. Is this dangerous for my snake? Should I consider buying a Pulse Proportional stat? Can you guys recommend a webside where I could buy it from?

Many thanks for your help

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  17:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
I have the Habistat Pulse Proportional Stat running a 17"x11" 20W heat mat and the temps in Alices hot hide are a steady 29ºC - 30ºC. The temps only fluctuate that much because she keeps moving the thermometer probe!

You can pick one up on eBay for about £38........ Bargain IMO.

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  19:31:00  Show Profile
habistat FTW

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  22:16:55  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
with most on/off stats you get that variation but corns can handle it. i'd personally set it a little higher so the coolest it gets is 27-28*C before kicking in again. if this means it gets higher than the recommended 30*C the snake can move away from the heat.

most of my corns are on on/off stats of varying brands, i save the pulses and the dimmer for the boas and python whose temperature requirements are more sensitive

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

116 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  18:23:02  Show Profile
Mmmm... I found these 2 thermostats on Tripple 8 Reptiles...

http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=1832&ProductGroupID=932

http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=1833&ProductGroupID=933

I quite fancy the one with the Magic Eye feature, but I don't know... Which one would be best for Sneaky? Can you guys advise me? Is the Magic Eye necessary?

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  21:35:22  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
theres habistat pulse thermostats selling for 30quid, with delivery, brand new, buy now on ebay. grab one of thoses. ive not come across anyone with a complaint when using them
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

225 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  21:57:52  Show Profile
My habistat on/off varies 3*, from 28-31. I think most stats do this and it's not detrimental to the snake unless it goes above there.

0.0.1 Anery corn
0.1.0 German Shepherd Dog [Tauni]
1.0.0 Tawny Ocicat [Rufio]
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  23:05:42  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by ari

theres habistat pulse thermostats selling for 30quid, with delivery, brand new, buy now on ebay. grab one of thoses. ive not come across anyone with a complaint when using them

i have a few Habistat pulses i really like them they're great, got the incubator and a corn running off one and Marilyn and Dumbo run off the other.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

116 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  19:19:41  Show Profile
I installed my new pulse thermostat today. It works beautifully, I'm very pleased. The temperature is now at a steady 30°C. Sneaky won't get cold anymore. :) Thanks for all the replies. :))
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2009 :  16:29:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
you could always list your old Komodo on/off stat on here? the temperature range isn't an issue for corns really, although i personally would have it set to 27-32*C rather than 25-30*C

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000