888reptiles & livestock..
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

244 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  15:50:53  Show Profile
has anyone here ordered any snakes from 888reptiles? if so, what's the service like? are the snakes in good nick when they arrive and also, how does their delivery of the snakes work? :\ thinking of ordering a mexi black on there.

0.0.1 - carolina corn snake
0.0.1 - royal python
0.1.0 - honduran milk snake
1.0.0 - mexican black king snake

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  16:10:29  Show Profile
Not used them personally but the have a very good reputation, i know lots of peeps on here have used them and been happy.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  19:28:15  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
cant speak for livestock, but i ordered my last exo viv and a few other bits from them. extremely fast delivery. i believe they have a next day only deliver on livestock and wont ship on a friday.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  19:32:12  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
i got mine from there they ring you and agree a delivery day, then as said its dispatched the afternoon before the agree'd date an its a before 12 delivery.

mine came in a plastic tub taped inside a polastyrine box with a heat pad in

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  21:37:57  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
very reputable company,i would order from them,good choice with the mexi,you wont be disappointed.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

244 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  22:50:05  Show Profile
cheers for all your replies :)

i've managed to find a reptile shop that's getting a load of new mexi blacks in next week or the week after so i'll be buying one of those instead. i can't wait!! they're beautiful snakes!

lee, are they pretty much the same to look after as corns? if it's a hatchling i guess it'd need to be in a shoebox type tub? i have a spare 1.5foot viv in my room, that'd be too big right? :\

0.0.1 - carolina corn snake
0.0.1 - royal python
0.1.0 - honduran milk snake
1.0.0 - mexican black king snake

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  00:01:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Not bought reptiles from them, but they are good service for other stuff.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2009 :  16:39:57  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I agree, but then I've not bought livestock from them either

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2009 :  17:48:38  Show Profile
Livefoods? Not just for livefoods but based on IOW. Anyone use?

http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/index.asp
Theres link to check it out.
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  00:52:38  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
888reptiles is where i got my lil one from came well set up for delivery(small rub tub, padded comfy in tub with kitchen roll on heat mat wrapped in news paper padded poly box fully stated with labels LIVE STOCK HANDLE WITH CARE) and was on time, ya get phone call to state days of receipt,and can always ring em if ya have any problems or queries... so i shall defo be using em again..

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  17:09:16  Show Profile
I bought an exo terra viv, pinkies and some other bits from them last week. The viv was broken and the pinkies were defrosted, which i think was down to the courier. They replaced both no problem so i would buy from them again.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  07:17:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
seems to be a very common problem with 888 but they always seem very good about it, it must cost them a fortune in replacing stuff though!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  09:04:26  Show Profile
The first delivery was through tnt. Was told it would arrive between 7 and 10 am. It turned up 3.30 pm, no wonder the pinkies had defrosted. The 2nd delivery was direct from 888. The driver said that they never argue, if the client is not happy they will do an exchange. As you say gingerpony it must cost them a fortune but at least they are helpfull and that makes you go back to them again.
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  09:16:30  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
when people are happy to sort out your problems it makes you want to use them again even if you had a problem with them.
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  11:32:36  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
i had no probs with me delivery but was slightly concerned when i looked in the back of big tnt lorry as parcels were everywhere really hoped she was ok.. but all was gd..so yus ill defo use em again no probs.

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000