Is George not growing properly???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  10:56:31  Show Profile
Been a while since I've logged on. I'm worried about my corn, George. He'll be a year old in 2 weeks and he's certainly grown longer but still only the thickness of my finger. I've started to feed him 2 pinkies, rather than 1, every 6 days, which he accepts quite happily. He's perfectly ok in himself, and I don't see any ribs or anything. Should I be worried or is this a normal size for a yearling???
Charlie

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  11:26:25  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
You shud probAbly weigh him to see if he has put on weight. If he hasn't maybe his meals are too small. My mystery was on 2 pinkies when he was 8months.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  12:31:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Pinkies at a year old sounds small.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  12:34:45  Show Profile
Try him on 2 fluffs instead
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  17:46:26  Show Profile
at a year my two were eating 2 fluffies without any problems, maybe you should try that.

female albino corn- Cinnamon
female granite corn- M2
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  20:17:39  Show Profile
It does sound like he could be eating a bit more, if he's been on 2 pinkys for a while he should be able to take a fuzzy. Give him one every 7 days to start with then after a couple of weeks if you have had no probs maybe try a fuzzy and pinky for a bit before trying 2 pinkys (just to get him use to having more food). Hope thats not too confusing.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  21:32:03  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I would not swap from pinkies straight to 2 fuzzies, just try one for a bit.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2009 :  01:06:14  Show Profile
as comparison:

solid is near 11 months, as thick in the middle as my thumb, weighs 7 Oz and on friday i started him on 2 medium mice- usually 1 a week

liquid is around 5 months, 1 and 1/4 Oz and today started him on 3 pinkies- usually 2 every 5 days

i`m always surprized when people say they have semi-grown snakes but still feed pinkies

*ahem*hillzi

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2009 :  16:07:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by solid

as comparison:

solid is near 11 months, as thick in the middle as my thumb, weighs 7 Oz and on friday i started him on 2 medium mice- usually 1 a week

liquid is around 5 months, 1 and 1/4 Oz and today started him on 3 pinkies- usually 2 every 5 days

i`m always surprized when people say they have semi-grown snakes but still feed pinkies

*ahem*hillzi

yeah I know I was wrong But now on 2 fluffs weekly and growing like no tomorrow (grown 7 inches in 2 months approx) So must be working. Mines getting a little fatty too lol

And currently, judging the size difference between fluffs and smallest small mice where I get my bits from, think he will be on one small mouse every week very soon.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  11:13:43  Show Profile
Cheers all - he's quite happily eating fluffs now!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000