when to up the size of feed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2009 :  20:40:43  Show Profile
hi all!! Barry my 14 month old corn is just over 30 inches long and will happily take 2 half grown mice in one sitting, time to start him on a full grown??

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2009 :  22:14:32  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Food size depends on the thickness of the snake really. How much of a bulge do the ones he eats at the moment leave? Generally the food can be thicker than the snakes body, but you'd still have to be watchful the first time you increase food size drastically.

And Hi and welcome to the forum.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  06:44:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Aim for a prey item roughly the same girth as the snake, but not more than 1.5x girth.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  10:31:16  Show Profile
the mice he's on now dont really make much of a buldge in his body but i suppose the next size up would be around 1.5 times his width. my only concern is he's almost three foot and quite thin compared to other juvenile corns ive seen. thanx for the reply!
also i have a sand boa who doesnt want to feed at the moment,any one else have one that they're having troubles with?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000