Occasional Squeaking?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spedz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  23:17:19  Show Profile  Click to see Spedz's MSN Messenger address
I just realised, that when I pick my corn up, he occasionally has a little squeak?
I mean, it's only as I pick him up and put him to my ear.. There's sometimes a faint squeak - I'm just wondering if this is normal?
It's as if he's just breathing out when I pick him up in the middle..

He's had 2 perfect sheds with me, no mites, never regurged and always accepted his food - and my temps are 32 max in the day/30 at night (21/19ish at night at the cold end)

I'm just aware of RI's etc, and am a little worried :(
Does anyone else's do it? Or is there something I should worry about?

1.1.0 Corn Snake - 'Jasper' & 'Storm'
0.0.1 Curly Hair Tarantula - 'Fluffy'
1.0.0 Border Collie - 'Chance'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - 'Alfie'
0.1.0 Tortoise - 'Lightning'
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - 'Charlie'

RIP Eddie :'(

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  23:43:40  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
could be the start of a ri,just keep a close eye on him

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

244 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  08:44:25  Show Profile
my snake used to make a little popping noise everytime he poked his tongue out a couple of weeks after getting him. then he shed and it stopped :\ wonder if it's anything to do with that?

0.0.1 - carolina corn snake
0.0.1 - royal python
0.1.0 - honduran milk snake
1.0.0 - mexican black king snake

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  12:23:23  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by theonlydarrenever

my snake used to make a little popping noise everytime he poked his tongue out a couple of weeks after getting him. then he shed and it stopped :\ wonder if it's anything to do with that?

in your case it probably was - loose skin rattling in his nostrils could make that noise

Spedz, if your snake starts squeaking/wheezing while you continue to handle him then i'd be slightly more concerned but if it's only as you're picking him up i'd probably just continue to monitor it.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  19:29:14  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
im gonna have to come clean here, my snakes been doing it since christmas time, cant be an ri for mine as it would have progressed, made him ill and changed his behaviour. i checked his nostrils everyday and there was no sign of discharge which is the key to it all. and i cudnt believe that any reptile vey could diagnose him with an RI because of that, not unless they coduct very experiment tests just to see.
yet hes a very active snake, feeds, drinks and poops.
i just kept an eye on him since, my theory is that corn snakes have suck small nostrils and small heads compared to the size of their body that the force of the air being exhalled through their tiny nostrils may be the possible explanation. also any small piece of shed skin up the nostrils can cause it aswell

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

Spedz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  21:34:52  Show Profile  Click to see Spedz's MSN Messenger address
Yeh.. It does seem logical, as if I was to be picked up by my stomach.. I'm sure I'd have to exhale and let my breath out
:P

I'll make sure I keep an eye on it, and see if anything happens.. But fingers crossed ;p
Cheers for the help guys ^^

1.1.0 Corn Snake - 'Jasper' & 'Storm'
0.0.1 Curly Hair Tarantula - 'Fluffy'
1.0.0 Border Collie - 'Chance'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - 'Alfie'
0.1.0 Tortoise - 'Lightning'
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - 'Charlie'

RIP Eddie :'(
Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2009 :  02:30:07  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address
Thing is, last time my snake went into the blue, I didn't notice (I was just about the clean out the tank, so I wasn't paying that much attention) she squeaked when I touched her and I more or less crapped myself, first time I'd ever heard her make a noise, lol.
But she was fine after she completed the shed.
Just wait till after the snake's sext shed, but keep an eye on it anyways.

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000