So many baby snakes - enough homes?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  19:04:33  Show Profile
Seems corns are bred pretty easily and anyone can do it.

Do all the babies find homes?? Do you find many snakes in rescues these days? Or do they just get passed from pillar to post?

Are there special breed specific rescues? Like corn snake rescues? Who looks out for the welfare of the snakes???

Questions questions...!!!

Sorry... I did warn you I'd have LOTS of questions....

Mutt, Mog and mmmm...Snake!

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
There will be many unwanted corns, as a lot of keepers start with corns and then decide they want something bigger and lose interest once they've a python or a boa in the house... but they are also the most common snake in captivity and with there care being easy enough for children, they are more a family pet than other types of snake.

I also think that because they are so easy to look after, many keepers don't bother getting rid because they are no hassle at all. I have 5 corns and altogether they aren't half as much worry as the one Hognose, or the one rainbow boa, or the one royal python. I'd never get rid of the corns because they are so easy. It's part of their appeal.

As for rescues- I don't know any corn snake keepers that would say no when asked if they want to rehome a snake. Everyone likes free snakes

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
There will be many unwanted corns, as a lot of keepers start with corns and then decide they want something bigger and lose interest once they've a python or a boa in the house... but they are also the most common snake in captivity and with there care being easy enough for children, they are more a family pet than other types of snake.

I also think that because they are so easy to look after, many keepers don't bother getting rid because they are no hassle at all. I have 5 corns and altogether they aren't half as much worry as the one Hognose, or the one rainbow boa, or the one royal python. I'd never get rid of the corns because they are so easy. It's part of their appeal.

As for rescues- I don't know any corn snake keepers that would say no when asked if they want to rehome a snake. Everyone likes free snakes

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  00:29:10  Show Profile
Agreed :) Send your snakes to me :)

-- I'm here bcoz i'm not all there --

http://www.corn-snakes.org- My Corn Snake Website!!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  00:58:26  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Sending them can be awkward.
I'll come pick them up.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  01:03:56  Show Profile
My car has just passed it's MOT, we want the safest possible transit for these snakes, definately best if I collect them. Dont you agree ;)

-- I'm here bcoz i'm not all there --

http://www.corn-snakes.org- My Corn Snake Website!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  02:24:14  Show Profile
lol - I'm glad people are like that :D

I only know the dog world, and that is a sorry state :(

Mutt, Mog and mmmm...Snake!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  12:03:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by jimmus

My car has just passed it's MOT, we want the safest possible transit for these snakes, definately best if I collect them. Dont you agree ;)

Just cause it passed it's MOT doesn't mean it's the safest. you can't get safer than my Xantia.

There is no doubt that there would be quibbles between Jimmus and I, so it's have to be a race.
Obviously it wouldn't be a superfast one, as we can only 70mph max in the UK.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  12:03:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by jimmus

Just cause it passed it's MOT doesn't mean it's the safest. you can't get safer than my Xantia.

There is no doubt that there would be quibbles between Jimmus and I, so it's have to be a race.
Obviously it wouldn't be a superfast one, as we can only 70mph max in the UK.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000