feeding in another area
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  22:23:28  Show Profile
If i am to feed my snake outside it's viv to stop it swallowing substrate and u are not supposed to touch them because of regurgitating how do i get it back to it's viv after feeding.may seem a daft Q but i would not want to upset it's meal.Brian

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  22:38:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
They can be touched after feeding, there's a difference to a quick 30-40 seconds to gently lift and put back in the viv, compared to 30 mins around arms/neck/hands etc.

So not a daft question, it just means that you have 'listened' to each recommendation and are acting on it, well done.

If you're still unsure, does the feeding box fit inside the viv? If so, then just lift it inside, and as soon as snakie is out, remove the tub.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  22:45:22  Show Profile
the snake i have aquired is 3 to 4ft in lenth someone through it out that's why i know vary little as i never had one so need to learn quick so no i could not get feeding box in and is a 4ft viv big enough for it they(the thrower outter)kindly? left it in that with all extra's.Brian
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  13:20:26  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
4ft viv is big enough for it.
It may possibly be to big, how cluttered with decorations/hides/things to climb is it?

The general rule for snakes is the length of snake = length+depth of viv.

That should give a ballpark figure

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  17:38:38  Show Profile
I would say the snake is slightly longer than the viv and it has a hide box 6*5*5,a hollow bark log running most of the back lenth,a scull rock and a cardboard tube at front.I have also got a piece of apple tree to put in when it has been disinfected if nessasary.orchid bark substrateand heat mat.does this sound good to you.Brian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000