help with cornsnake
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2009 :  16:12:05  Show Profile
Hi there, ive had charlie the corn snake for about 9months now, and ive never had any trouble with him, he's always ate fine, shed fine. Ive not moved him at all, and his tank is the same as always, his temps are fine, but he hasnt eaten for months now. He used to eat 1 adult mouse a week, but since xmas he has only eaten 2 very small pinkys, i try him with a mouse or a pinky ever week but no interest. He seems fine and healthy and has not long ago shed,(10 days or so) it was a full head to tail shed. He used to sit in his log all day or under his hide. but recently he is always out trying to escapng, or just moving round the tank, he likes to be out, and a handle him regularly. Ive not turned temps down to hibernate, but im wondering if the temps drop low enough for this to happen by themself ( as i live in a cold house) He has a heat mat and a normal bulb. I was thinking he maybe wanted to mate, what do you guys think. How long does mating time last, as im gettin worried as its quite a while now since he;s eaten anything. I would appreciate any help or advice, thanks

reptiles are beautifull creatures, treat them with the respect they deserve

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2009 :  17:14:25  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
has he lost much weight,might be because it's that time of year.hi and welcome to the forum.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2009 :  17:14:38  Show Profile
im not an expert as ive only kept snakes for a couple of months but i am always trying to find out as much as i can.
i would say that he is looking for a mate as there has been alot of posts like this bein posted on here, his behaviour definately points towards trying to find a mate.
hope this helps a little
im sure others will be of more help than i am
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  19:29:13  Show Profile
Its compleatly normal. My corn is of her feed just now. Its just the time of year. Mine has been of for 2 months now. Should start eaten soom.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  19:30:00  Show Profile
Its compleatly normal. My corn is of her feed just now. Its just the time of year. Mine has been of for 2 months now. Should start eaten soom.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000