not pooing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  10:35:37  Show Profile
My daughter fed her corn snake last wednesday and it still has not pooed. It is now wednesday again and she is abit concerned.Can someone help please.

ruxpin64
Egg

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  11:09:51  Show Profile
one thing you could try is a bath, if you fill your bath or another container big enough to swim about a little maybe a washing up bowl with a low level of luke warm water, around her width/height depth. if you plonk her in there for a few minutes she should poop straight off like magic, never fails with tallulah :) hope that helps

Go to Top of Page

ruxpin64
Egg

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  11:10:59  Show Profile
oh if she does go in the bath make sure you cover the over flow if shes small, and keep an eye on her with the plug chain. :)

Go to Top of Page

ruxpin64
Egg

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  11:27:10  Show Profile
forgot to add tho, not to worry too much as they sometimes keep hold of it longer for more nutrition, or it is possible that she has pooped and youve just not seen it, depending on the substrate :) but like a say bath = guarenteed poopage. and its good exercise

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  16:03:35  Show Profile
TY I WILL TRY THAT
Go to Top of Page

ruxpin64
Egg

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  16:28:45  Show Profile
No problems, let us know how goes :)

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  14:26:31  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
yes a warm bath is always the best way to get a corn snake to clear its waste out, once your corn snake reaches 3 feet plus it can easily slither out of the bath tub like mine always does now and i have to keep putting him back in much to his annoyance, its getting more and more difficult as time goes on as hes getting bigger, now and then i just let him poo in his viv, i know its very messy and smelly when fresh, but once dried it goes very hard and the yellowy powdery stuff turns more or less into chalk

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  18:42:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
There is nothing to worry about in a week, it all depends on how big the snake is, how much you're feeding it and how active it is. If there is a problem you will see an obvious build-up behind the vent.

If you do decide you want to give it a bath make sure its about as warm as the hot end of the viv otherwise you will overheat your snake.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  21:37:57  Show Profile
ty for your comments...giving her abath did help.....but today I had her out and she pooed on me lol lol
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  22:22:16  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by sue

ty for your comments...giving her abath did help.....but today I had her out and she pooed on me lol lol

One of my snakes used to do that. Purposely hold it in until on a nice clean pair of trews.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000