New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  11:54:55  Show Profile
Hi,

Many thanks for all your help on the size of rub's to house an 09 hatchling in, bought a couple of sizes as I can always use the other one for something else if the 3 ltr one is too small. What is the best way of heating them though? I'll have two hatchlings both in seperate boxes, I also have a spare 2 foot viv I was given . . my plan would be to have a heat mat in the middle of the viv with each box at the edges of the mat giving a cool end/warm end . . . having never used a mat before, would I need to have a thermostat/matstat to regulate this mat or would it be ok without. I'm guessing I could also heat the viv with a bulb and a dimming thermostat?? . . . which would be best?

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  16:10:53  Show Profile
If you are heating anything with any heat source it always needs a stat. I would use a mat and a mat stat (on/off stat) for the viv.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  17:27:12  Show Profile
Cheers for that Matty, mat and a stat it is then.
Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  14:37:01  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
i always have a look on e bay for the prices of thermostats and im pretty sure they can be a bargain to the price a pet shop would charge for one

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000