Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  18:11:40  Show Profile
I dug out an old quality street tin.

With some holes punched in it, would this be a good feeding tin and bath tub if i cleaned it out?
Probably use it once a week (friday is our feeding day )
and bath when i need. Although not sure if it will be big enough for a tub.

Advice would be gratefull [:d]

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  18:17:08  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Cant see why not.
Just dont fill it with water if you've put air holes near the bottom

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  18:28:24  Show Profile
Because I have two very wriggly corns when trying to feed and handle the vicious one I dont wanna have to watch my avery so holes in the quality street tin lid (fatty!) and close it once storm has fed then can focus on taming balboa at the only time safe for me - with his gob full of mouse!
Go to Top of Page

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  18:28:58  Show Profile
exactly what i thought dan

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  21:15:26  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Because I have two very wriggly corns when trying to feed and handle the vicious one I dont wanna have to watch my avery so holes in the quality street tin lid (fatty!) and close it once storm has fed then can focus on taming balboa at the only time safe for me - with his gob full of mouse!

I wouldnt really bother him while he's eating. May be safe for you but it will stress him out and probably make him worse tbh.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  21:20:46  Show Profile
Hmm, I guess but if he's sat in my hand eating a mouse or while I got my hands on him when he's in the choccy tin he'd get a little bit used to being handled.

He's still for sale.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  21:22:27  Show Profile
I wouldnt bother Hillzi, as soon as hes finished you would have to put him back anyway. Feed him, leave him 2 days, then start handling him for 2 or 3 minuites at a time each day.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  21:25:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Don't handle a freshly fed snake, you're asking for a regurge which will do your snake no good at all.

PS. Its Anery (short for Anerythristic).

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  21:31:35  Show Profile
Since the quality street tin is an improvised RUB for the moment once storm is munching away in the tin;

How i hand feed my snakes is let them curl round my finger to stop them doing an.. er slither and let them feed on a piece of kitchen roll on my old rug so they can chomp happily and im happy they wont wriggle, i wait till they yawn and let them slither back into the viv and leave them for a few days.
first handle of my anery since thursday night feed.

But it does make matters worse, i saw a perfect opportunity for a handle earlier, caught him leaving the cave and gently placed my hand about 1/3 way down from his head and he hissed like... a really annoyed snake!

This is why he is up for sale, even though he's small my family don't want a 5 ft corn if the time came who'd snap at anything.
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  22:11:02  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Have you tried handling him with gloves on?
Just hold him over a tub or something though incase he gets out of your grip

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000