VIV help please beginner !!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  17:48:45  Show Profile
`hiya i am a beginner to snakes and have had my snake a week and a bit now she is still a bit jumpy and stuff but im goin to move her to a 3ft viv beacuse she is nearlly 2 and a half foot i am going to pack it out with plants and stuff but really need help on the heating i have a 12 inch heatmat and i am goin to get a thermostat is that all i need or do i need a thermometer or other things please help will be very grateful thanks

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  19:53:01  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
mat and stat are fine, a thermometer at either end is very handy to monitor temperatures as what your stat dial is set to isn't neccessarily the temperature in the viv (can be a few degrees out)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  19:53:59  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
A 12" heatmat should be ok in a 3ft viv. I personally have a 17" x 11" in Lilas viv.
You really do need a couple of thermometers, how will you set your thermostat if you don't know the temps in your viv??

You don't need anything else other than what you've stated already. Hides and fresh water are essentials, plants not so much, but most snakes enjoy them and it makes a more natural looking setup.

Take a look at the caresheet here - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm

It's a very informative read.

Beaten to it by gp...... I must shorten my replies, or type faster..

Edited by - Budaholic on 09/03/2009 19:55:29
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  20:30:18  Show Profile
thanks a lot i will post some pictures of the viv once all is done thankyou
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: