monthly cleaning?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  09:26:32  Show Profile
hey guys my monthly cleaning is coming up for butters and was wonder where do you guys put you snakes for the hour, hour and a half whilst yours cleaning out disinfecting and reassembling all the hides etc. or just in a R.U.B and then would they be ok for a hour at normal temp?

i think they would but i would just like to check

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  11:49:44  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
they would be fine at room temp,i put mine in the feeding rub,feed her then leave her in there until i finished cleaning.

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  13:42:08  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
i usually put tartan in a pillow case, tied the top and put her in a rub. she usually went to sleep for the tiem i was cleaning her out

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  17:24:43  Show Profile
I chuck in the old faunariums that we have hanging around and RUBs, if it's chilly or taking too long just stick the tub close to a heater. Your deep clean shouldn't take too long once you've done it a few times. 2 of us did 8 vivs in an hour last week, we have it down to a fine art now.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  21:27:31  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i do the same as Tizzy, i usually do a clean when they're in their tubs/RUBs/fauns for a feed.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  07:47:04  Show Profile
cheers guys
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  11:18:40  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
I put mine in their feeding tubs, however the last time when I went to put Dusk back I had a huge gaping mouth staring at me before he grudgingly went back in. If your snake is always fed in the tub they get used to it so be careful when getting them out incase they think its feeding time and accidently bite you.

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000