New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  22:48:51  Show Profile
Hi

My corn somehow has damaged a few scales. as in they have been raised opposed remaining close to the body. thing is i dont really know how she could have damaged them. she has only been in her viv, she is now about to shed, her eyes are all milky. do i just leave her to shed and she will be fine and heal? therre is nothing in the viv to damage her....im the only one who handles her. (mites dont do damage like this do they?)

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  00:27:01  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
It could be mites as the do get under scales,have a look around the mouth and eyes.Has she been spending time in her water bowl?Any chance of a photo?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:08:28  Show Profile
Snakes will shed to try and get rid of the mites to. They look like small little black spots. Like Lee said, they can often get under the scales.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  20:41:26  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
it could just be down to her shedding imminently, if there's no evidence of mites i wouldn't be too concerned. my amel was quite inactive and used to stay still for days on end, when he finally moved he'd kinked some of his scales but they went back to normal.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000