oh no not again
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  21:14:57  Show Profile
kellogg was fed on saturday, last night about 24h later she regurged.after the first time she regurge, she was feeding like clockwork,every saturday at 19:30 i would remove her from her viv and put her in her box ,remove the pinky from the freezer and defrost in hot tap water for 10min and feed her.this time it all went wrong,monday my freezer broke so i had to bin my stock (3).so late saturday afternoon i got a frozen pinky from the pet shop and kept it on ice.defrosted it as normal but this time i left her in the viv.held the pinky infront of the cave and she struck it right way and eat it.normaly i wouldnt see her for 3 days but sunday night she was out looking around and climbing.so it could have been that the pinky was not fresh enough or because i fed her in the viv.any ideas.i will wait for a week before i try again and i think i will go back to the old way.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  21:30:43  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i don't think it's to do with the new stock of pinkies. unless she'd ingested some substrate with being fed in the viv so the whole meal was coming back out! it's quite unlikely, but what substrate do you use?
it's more likely to be related to her temps/set up, had anything changed recently? what temps are you running at?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  18:32:50  Show Profile
try 2 pinky's if not go 1 size up
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  18:37:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I'm not sure increasing the food will help.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000