Problem i think!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  21:32:03  Show Profile
Hey guys i duno about this CWD i got.. i just have a feeling the tank its in doesnt meet the requirements it needs.. since ive got it all its been doing is trying to get through the glass doors at the front and i just feel that its too small for it to give in.. plus theres no water apart from a tuppawear container in the corner :( If anyone has had or knows experience with CWD is greatly appreciate it.. Im thinking of selling it or swapping it for a beardeed dragon with a pet shop, i know some pet shops do lil things like that
Heres a pic.. i just feel like its cruel to keep it in there if its not happy.. any advice is GREATLY appreciated

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  21:32:56  Show Profile
What care sheets have you read?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  21:35:29  Show Profile
I read a couple of different ones that i got from google and i know people to have a tank like 5ft long 4ft high with water and plenty to climb one tc.. maybe im just paranoid but its been trying to get out all ngiht from the glass doors.. or maybe its just nervous i dont know.. but I Personally feel its not good enough for him

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  21:37:09  Show Profile
Quoted froma care sheet..
You will need a large enclosure, one larger than most people think will be needed by a lizard of this size. The reason most are missing much of their faces, rubbed off from the snout back past the front teeth, is that water dragons will literally rub their flesh off and break their jaw bones trying to get out of a too small enclosure. They need space at least 2 x their total length - so you are talking min 6 ft long (side to side), at least 2-3 feet deep and 4-6 feet high to do it right.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  21:47:17  Show Profile
Im just gonna sell the Dragon or swap it or somethin, coz i dont have the requirements for it and its just cruel

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  22:04:08  Show Profile
Fair enough, personaly I think thats the right decision. See if your local rep shop will give you an exchange for kit or a beardie.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  22:34:26  Show Profile
Yea i dont wanna keep sumthin if its not happy. I would rather someone take it with a proper big like 5ft high terranium n stuff. Im gonna phone local pet shop 2moro and see if they will swap it for a gecko or beardie or sumthin.. but im keepin the tank :) since at end of the day a 3ft tank with light and all still only cost me £50 :)

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  16:51:22  Show Profile
i think you hould be looking at the size of a wardrobe for a viv pal...

check here...

http://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/dragoncr.htm

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  13:56:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
An old mate of mine used 2 old fridgefreezers bolted together as a temporary viv ages ago when he got some lizards that needed loads of space. Can't remember now exactly what they were, it was some years ago.

Apparently he kept that 'viv' for nearly 2 years, as it was nearly (external sizes) 6ft longx4ft tallx2ftdeep.
He basically just got 2 of them from the local recycling centre (dump ) and gutted the insides and removed the compressors, then laid one on it's side with the other on top and knocked them through.
Obviously there was a bit more to it as well, like sterilizing,cleaning and doors etc, but it did look good.
Cost less than a big viv too.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 03/03/2009 13:56:55
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000