outside ??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

69 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  16:59:41  Show Profile
is it ok to take your corn snake outside to play in the grass or just to show to some friends and when your going to pick up you cornsnake do i need to put him in a box or is it ok for him to be just around my arm the corn snake i'm adopting out from a place a work at

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  17:13:24  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I would put him in a plastic box or RUB to bring him home. Make sure it is secure so he doesn't escape.

They are alright to go out in the grass in the summer, but you need to be extra careful because if they slither away while your not looking you may never find them again.

You also have to avoid grass that may be contaminated with dog/cat poo or chemicals like fertilizer etc.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  18:18:22  Show Profile
A good run for ginuea pigs is ok for an adult corn as the mesh holes wont allow him through but keep an eye on his in case he pushes the mesh as all snakes are 80% muscle!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  18:37:52  Show Profile
in a box no't on yor arm and it is ok to bring it outside to show yor friends but not on the grass
Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  11:27:27  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
personally, i would take him outside on a hot summers day but keep him round your arm or neck dont put him down on the ground coz you dont know what parasites or infections they can pick up, i only recently heard from a neighbour that a beach not far from my house has loads of people there in the summer out with all their pet snakes, might have to check it out this year :)

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000