rarely out
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  22:26:38  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
hey peeps. my corn always seems to be in her hide and only ever seems to come out to poo, or eat is this a prob or normal, thanx dan

thanks to solid for the sig

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  22:43:05  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
some are more sociable than others, it's their personalities. BUT check your temps in case your snake is feeling cold and craving heat (29-30*C in the warm hide). also how often do you feed it, and what with and how old/what is the size of the snake? a well-fed corn is often quite inactive.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  23:17:27  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
i feed her once a week with two mice,the heat is fine, she is about 3 years and just under 5 ft does that help with anything thanx

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  13:42:48  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
o shes sounds a biggen, please send some pics through. what size mice you feeding her? if its large mice id expand the feeding gap to every 10 to 14 days as its healthier for adults. youll find pretty much aswell that corn snakes behaviour and mood may change from time to time, my snake used to spend alot of time under his hides but over the last month or so hes always up against the glass of the viv wanting to come out, he seems to love being handled now

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  14:22:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
you could try feeding on a 7 day, 9 day, 11 day cycle like i do with my adult female. you might find her more active when she's hungry and expecting food on the 9 day and 11 day gaps. i wouldn't go over 11 days for a female, they need more food than males.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  15:17:36  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
she is quite long but not too chunky i feed 2 smallish mice every 7 days, thanks for the advice

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000