New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rosserfc
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  07:06:58  Show Profile
I got ruby out the other night to feed her and she had been in her den in the cool end of the viv, she was quite cool to the touch and a little sluggish. However she soon perked up and fed no problem.She went back in the viv and went in her den at the cool end and i haven"t seen her out since. I checked on her with a torch and she seems ok but she hasn"t been up the warm end for a while. The den at the cool end is about half the size of the den at the warm end. Could it be she feels more secure in the smaller den and should i swap them round? The temp at the warm end is 30c.

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  08:11:07  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
she knows where she wants to be rosserfc :) If she does get too cold, she'll move to the warm end. But if you feel worried about her, you could try swapping the hides over Snakes like to expand themselves and be wedged inside thier hides, so yes, it's possible she feels more secure in the smaller hide. Actually, it's probable

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  10:35:22  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
you mite just not see her in the warm end, mine can be in one hide for hours then 5 mins later be in the oposite end of tub curled up on the aspen

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

rosserfc
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  11:20:01  Show Profile
I"m handling her tonight so when shes out i"ll swap the hides over and see what she does
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  20:39:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
try swapping the hides first, it might be that one feels more secure than the other. you could also try turning your stat down to 28-29*C if she was feeling a bit too warm. another thing that can affect their preference is light, does any light, natural (from a window) or artificial (light bulb) shine into either of the hides? in the case of natural daylight it's worth checking several times a day when you're at home as the sun could stream in at 11am but be in the shade at 2pm for example.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

rosserfc
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  21:27:47  Show Profile
I"ve had her out tonight and swapped the hides around and when she went back in she"s gone into the smaller one again so she obviously feels more secure in that one which is now in the warmer end. I will try turning the stat down a bit as you suggest gingerpony, thanx all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000