feeding question
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

83 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  13:25:55  Show Profile
i have a 3-4 month old corn that's feeding on one pinkie, and i am thinking of buying a lot of frozen mice in bulk, so i am wondering how many pinkies i would roughly need fuzzes etc? before stepping up to small mice etc? i know its hard to do as every snake is different, i just don't trust my local suppler its more of a fish/dog food place and the mice have white dots on them

0.1.0 boxer dog ruby
0.0.1 snow corn rocket

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  13:35:34  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
The white dots are freezer burn, which just means they've been in the freezer for a long time. Nothing wrong with that really, except they are supposed to have more nutrients in them if they are freshly frozen.

Best off ordering in small quantities really, otherwise you'll just get freezer burn yourself.

TSM are good for frozen food. They sell in sets of 10s, 25s and 50s. Postage is a bit high though so best if you can get someone else to order at the same time to share the postage with you.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  13:36:33  Show Profile
The white spots are just freezer-burn. Shouldn't harm your snake in any way...

It's difficult to predict exactly how many of each size you'll need because as you say it depends on the individual snake...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

83 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  14:16:54  Show Profile
the problems with ordering online is i live in nireland, and i want the items to arrive frozen and i was told to order in bulk to make sure they arrive frozen

0.1.0 boxer dog ruby
0.0.1 snow corn rocket
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  20:54:59  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
do you know of any other snake-keepers locally that you could get together for a bulk order? it saves you having to buy loads and them sitting in your freezer for ages too, and splits the delivery cost and keeps the whole order frozen during transit.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000